Subject: EDGAR Database Available

From: "Internet Multicasting Serivce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 94 08:03:40 -0500

The preliminary Internet release of the EDGAR database is
now available from Town.Hall.Org, as well as 1993 data from
the Federal Reserve Board.  The initial release of information
supports the electronic mail and anonymous FTP interfaces.

For anonymous FTP, use your FTP software to go to town.hall.org
and log in as "anonymous."  Enter your electronic mail address
for the password.  Look in the edgar directory for the file named
general.txt and read it.

If you are using electronic mail, send mail to [email-masked]
and enter the word "HELP" in the body of the message.  You will
receive back a copy of the general help text.  If you would like
the general information on EDGAR, you would enter the following
command in the body of the message:

	send edgar/general.txt

Easy enough?  You bet!  This initial release of information is
rough and ready ... don't expect a huge amount of user support
or navigational aids.  Over the next few months, we'll be 
adding gopher and WWW interfaces, full text searching and
Z39.50 searches, improved navigational and summary files, 
and a variety of other user-friendly services.

***   BECAUSE THIS IS A RESEARCH PROJECT YOU SHOULD EXPECT
      THE DATA FORMATS TO CHANGE, THE ACCESS METHODS TO 
      CHANGE, AND YOU SHOULD EXPECT FLUCTUATIONS IN THE
      NUMBERS AND TYPES OF USERS AND SERVICES SUPPORTED.
      DO NOT BECOME ADDICTED TO YOUR FAVORITE PROTOCOL OR 
      YOU MAY HAVE TO GO COLD TURKEY.  THIS DATA IS PROVIDED 
***   AS-IS WITH NO WARRANTIES OR GAURANTEES OF ANY KIND.

This project is by funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation 
to the New York University School of Business in conjunction with the
Internet Multicasting Service.  Additional support for this project
has been provided by Sun Microsystems and UUNET Technologies.

To learn about the Internet Multicasting Service, send your mail
to [email-masked].