Subject: [NCTUCCCA] AUTHOR DIRECT CONTRIBUTION Service

From: [email-masked] (Chih-Hsien Huang)
Date: 3 Nov 1993 09:22:38 +0800

[sorry for crosspost to alt.chinese.text, but it may be helpful]

# 
# NCTUCCCA.edu.tw: /archive-info/author-REQUEST.form
# Author: Huang, Chih-Hsien <[email-masked]> 
# Comment: This document describes the procedures for applying an author
#          direct contribution ftp-access-only account at 
#          NCTUCCCA.edu.tw in details.
#

Campus Computer Communication Association
National Chiao Tung University
Hsinchu, Taiwan						   Oct. 30, 1993

        PROCEDURES FOR APPLYING AN AUTHOR DIRECT CONTRIBUTION
	     FTP-ACCESS-ONLY ACCOUNT AT NCTUCCCA.EDU.TW

I. INTRODUCTION

   NCTUCCCA.edu.tw offers special author direct contribution ftp-access-
   only  accounts for  ABSOLUTELY  FREE.  We realizes  that Internet  is  
   growing  because  of the  contributions from  all constructive users.
   Similarly, ftp archives is getting larger due to the  good work  from
   the  software/document authors.  If you are  an  author  and  can not
   find a  good home for your applications  for  FREE, please follow the
   following  procedures  for  applying  a  ftp-access-only  account  at  
   NCTUCCCA.edu.tw and  after that, you can  maintain the area  yourself
   via ftp  at any time.  It is  much more efficient than uploading your
   file to an incoming area.  IT IS FREE AND ONLY FOR AUTHORS.

II. PROCEDURES

   1. You must agree with all terms and conditions in III.

   2. Please fill in the application form (SEE ALSO IV.)

   3. Send  your  complete  application  form  via  electronic  mail  to
      <[email-masked]>.

   4. Please  read   "Introduction  to   NCTUCCCA.edu.tw  Anonymous  FTP
      Archives"   available   via   anonymous  ftp   at  NCTUCCCA.edu.tw 
      [140.111.1.10 or 192.83.166.10] as 00README.FTP.

   5. You will get a response from us with your login name, password and
      brief guidelines for maintaining a file area on NCTUCCCA.edu.tw.

   6. You may want to advertise the new area to the net.

III. TERMS AND CONDITIONS

   NCTUCCCA.edu.tw  Anonymous  FTP  Archives  offers  an  author  direct
   contribution service only under the following terms. All authors must
   be aware of these rules.

   All authors  must follow the guidelines  described below.  You may be
   cut off from access to  our archive without  warnning, if you violate
   the rules.

   (1) The account assigned is ONLY FOR YOU AND YOUR PACKAGE.  You  MUST
       agree  that  you will  not  share it  to anyone  else,  or  store
       anything irrelevant to the package in your contribution area.

   (2) The copying-policy of your package  should be classified into one
       of   the   following    categories:     PUBLIC   DOMAIN,   FREELY 
       RE-DISTRIBUTABLE,  VOLUNTARY PAYMENT (SHAREWARE),  NON-COMMERCIAL
       DOWNLOADS   ( copyrighted  but   available   for   non-commercial 
       downloads).

   (3) You have to  keep your package  up to date and  maintain the area
       constantly.

   (4) You  consent  to   allow  the  administator  of   NCTUCCCA.edu.tw 
       Anonymous FTP Archives  moving your package to  another area,  if
       necessary.

   (5) NCTUCCCA makes  no warranties regarding  the availability of this
       service, although we will try our best to keep it running.

IV. APPLICATION FORM

0--------1---------2---------3---------4---------5---------6---------7--
123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012
--- CUT HERE -----------------------------------------------------------
Package-Name:
Title:
Version:
Description:
Author:
Platforms:
Copying-Policy:
Keywords:	
Agree:
Login:
--- CUT HERE -----------------------------------------------------------
Package-Name:	Name of the file containing the package
Title:		Title of the package
Version:	This field can be used if a version number or string is
		associated with the package
Description:	Description of the function of the programs in the 
		package
Author:		Name and Email address of authors if available
Platforms:	Any requirements or restrictions that the package may
		have in terms of hardware or software (OS) platforms.
		The programming language the package is written in 
		should be included.
Copying-Policy:	The status of the package for copying purposes. The most
                common entries for this field would be "Public Domain" 
		or "Freely Redistributable" or "Voluntary Payment"
		(shareware) or "Non-commercial Downloads".
Keywords:	Keywords appropriate for users trying to locate the
		package
Agree:		Put a "yes" to indicate that you have agreed all the
		terms and conditions in III.
Login:		The login name you preferred.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[EXAMPLE]
Package-Name:	xarchie.tar.Z
Title:		xarchie
Version:	1.3
Description:	This program provides and X11 interface to the archie
		database. It allows the user to locate and retrieve 
		files found on anonymous FTP archive sites around the 
		world.
Author:		George Ferguson ([email-masked])
Platforms:	X11 based program written in C. Known to run on Sun 3's 
		and Sun 4's under SunOS 3.X and 4.X
Copying-policy:	Freely Redistributable. Copyright held by author.
Keywords:	archie, X11, anonymous FTP archive, software location
Agree:		yes
Login:		ferguson
------------------------------------------------------------------------