Subject: Re: A letter from also us
From: [email-masked] (Dong Xiao)
Date: 2 Nov 1994 18:38:17 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.chinese.text,talk.politics.china,soc.culture.china

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] writes:
>===========***==========***==========**==========***==========***===========
> An Open Letter to CBS-IC.................................Mengchu Chen  
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Dear Mr. Mi Mi:
> ...
>
>Here are a few of my suggestions to strengthen our ties:
>
>1. Although the CBS case is now closed, we should not stop our propaganda
>campaign.  CBS-IC should make an official statement and pass it on to major
>Chinese newspapers, magazines, regardless their political (Politics is a
>poison that has been severely weakening our community) preference. The
>victory should be celebrated by the entire Chinese Community, not just by
>those of us from the Mainland.

   CBS-IC had official statement regardless of politics of any news
organizations.  Problem is politics of some news organizations makes
their decisions NOT to reflect CBS-IC views.  For instance, Press
Freedom Guardian has printed an article from a Wang Ran, slandering
the CBS-IC, however when Huang Lin sent an article to the Press
Freedom Guardian (Xin1-Wen2-Zi4-You2-Dao3-Bao4) to counter Mr. Wang
Ran, he got turned down!  He offered to make the article as short as
any reuest by the editor to save space, still NO!

>
>2. CBS-IC should officially thank other Chinese and/or Asian American
>organizations involved for their kind and precious cooperation for this
>matter.  So we can expect future cooperation from them.

   That was definitely done.

>
>3. The same should be sent to civil right groups which have lent their
>assistance.

   Done!

>
>4. Official letters from CBS-IC should be sent to the Chinese Embassy in
>Washington, D.C, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and People's Congress in
>Beijing reporting the case.  The same letters should ask for future
>assistance and protection from those governmental organizations if the
>interest of any Chinese citizen in this nation is again threatened.  They
>have the responsibility to do so.  Shame on all of us if our government does
>nothing to protect us. Meanwhile, it is also our responsibility to push them
>for it.

  This is a questionable practice.  CBS-IC speaks for ALL Chinese living
in the US, not only Chinese citizens.  This probably can be a job for the
IFCSS.  Maybe you can send them this request.  ([email-masked]).

  The IFCSS is dealing with the Chinese government about passport issues
anyway, as I read from CSS Today.  So this can be another issue to be
raised.