Subject: IFCSS HQ Biweekly Report 4008: November 15-30, 1992

From: IFCSS HQ <ifcss>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1992 16:30:25 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters Biweekly Report #4008  November 15-30, 1992
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

            IFCSS HQ Biweekly Report #4008
                 November 15-30, 1992

Nov. 18:  HQ released the plan to allocate activity fund to
          local CSS organizations. Rules for managing the
          fund was also established.

Nov. 18.  HQ released the plan to help Computer Science
          Students to find employment opportunities.

Nov. 19.  All four HQ officers, Geng Xiao, He Baoping, Shi Heping
          and Zhang Qingsong, were invited to the State Department
          to discuss Sino-American relations.

     During the week of Thanksgiving Holiday, the HQ officers
were divided into two groups and visited a total of 11 campuses.
Yesterday, IFCSS HQ officers, Geng Xiao, He Baoping, Shi Heping
and Zhang Qingsong, have all returned to HQ safely from their
trips to the Northern Pacific and Southeastern states. Now, the HQ
is back to normal operation.

     The following is a brief summary of their visits.

               The Northern Pacific Visits
               ===========================

11-21:    IFCSS President Geng Xiao arrived in Portland, Oregon. In
          the evening, he gave a speech in the CSS gathering in
          Portland State University.

11-22:    Geng Xiao visited the CSS community in Oregon State
          University.

11-23:    Geng Xiao and Shi Heping met with Senator Slade Gorton in
          Seattle.

11-24:    Geng Xiao and Shi Heping attended the reception honoring
          Senator Gorton. Geng Xiao gave a speech and, on behalf of
          IFCSS, presented a plaque to Senator Gorton. Geng Xiao
          also met with the CSS in the University of Washington
          during his stay in Seattle.

11-26:    Geng Xiao visited the Washington State University at
          Pullman. After addressing the CSS in WSU, he joined
          the holiday party organized by CSSA at WSU.

11-27:    Geng Xiao visited the CSS in the University of Idaho.

11-28:    Geng Xiao completed his trip and returned to D.C.

Summary:  7 days, 3 states and 5 schools.

     The Southeastern Trips by He Baoping and Zhang Qingsong
     =======================================================

11-20:    Joined CSS Gathering in Emory University, Atlanta.

11-21:    Met with the CSS in the University of South Carolina,
          Columbia, South Carolina.

11-22:    Back to Atlanta, met with the CSS leaders in Georgia
          Tech.

11-24:    Met with CSS in the University of Georgia, Athens.

11-25:    Met with the CSS in the Florida State University,
          Tallahasse, Florida. Joined Thanksgiving party.

11-28:    Met with the CSS in the University of Florida,
          Gainsville, Florida.

11-30:    Arrived in D.C.

Summary:  In 10 days, traveled 3,000 miles and visited 6 schools
          in 3 states.

    The HQ officers received warm welcome in every place they went.
Some schools have never been visited by IFCSS HQ officers. The HQ
officers are very encouraged by the results of their visits. They
plan to make visits to other regions later on.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
*                   The Missions of IFCSS                           *
* Promote freedom, democracy, human rights and rule of law in China *
* Assist the development of  scienece, culture and economy in China *
* Represent the interests of Chinese students and scholars in U.S.A *
* IFCSS is a non-profit organization and has tax-exempt status.     *
*********************************************************************