Subject: IFCSS HQ Biweekly Report 4011 (Jan.1-15, 1993)

From: IFCSS HQ <ifcss>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1993 15:21:42 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters Biweekly Report 4011     January 1-15, 1993
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

                 IFCSS Biweekly Report 4011
                     (Jan. 1-15, 1993)

Jan. 4:  In the weeks before Christmas, the HQ has sent out thousands
         of mass mailing letters to raise donations from the American
         society. Four days into the year, more than 30 Americans
         have replied with donations, several of them are in the $100-
         200 range.

Jan. 6:  IFCSS Humanitarian Assistance Committee has finished project
         planning and now begins to send application form to China.

Jan. 6:  IFCSS Council held 3rd teleconference. HQ's work report
         and financial report for the first half of the term were
         unanimously approved.

Jan. 7:  HQ announced the establishment of PBS-L, an email
         broadcasting system to send IFCSS official announcements
         directly to the students.

Jan. 8:  The HQ released the Insurance Program of 1993. While the
         premium stayed the same level as last year's, the benefits
         were raised from $185,000 to $200,000. An ad was put on
         the Chinese newspapers. IGS and the HQ are receiving more
         than one hundred calls a day about the insurance.

Jan. 11: A Chinese student was killed in an auto accident in Chicago.
         HQ contacted the local CSS organization and offered help.
         Meanwhile, a check of $50 was sent to the relief fund.

Jan. 12: HQ posted a call for local CSS organizations to submit
         proposals to host 5th Congress.

Jan. 12: IFCSS President Geng Xiao nominated Zhang Qingsong to be
         acting chairman of IFCSS Student Affairs Committee.

Jan. 12: IFCSS HQ officers He Baoping, Shi Heping and Zhang
         Qingsong met with IFCSS legal advisers in Arent &
         Fox to prepare for the implementation of S1216.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*                 =========================                         *
* President:      Geng Xiao  Assistant to the President: Shi Heping *
* Vice-President: He Baoping     Executive Director: Zhang Qingsong *
*********************************************************************