Subject: IFCSS HQ Biweekly Report 4012 (Jan.15-31, 1993)

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1993 13:47:56 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters Biweekly Report No.4012 January 15-31, 1993
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

               IFCSS HQ Biweekly Report #4012
                     (Jan. 15-31, 1993)

Jan. 18:   About $12,200 student activity fund has been
           distributed for the first quarter. About $4,770
           still remain to be claimed. The statistics for
           the second quarter will be released in the week
           after Feb. 15.

Jan. 19:   The HQ has decided to expand the circulation of
           IFCSS Newsletter. The first step is to open it
           up (free subscription) to local CSS leaders.

Jan. 22:   IFCSS President Geng Xiao, Vice-president He Baoping,
           and Executive Director Zhang Qingsong went to
           Philadelphia to join the New Year party held jointly
           by the CSS organizations of University of Pennsylvania,
           Drexel University and Temple University. More than
           750 CSS showed up in the party. Geng Xiao made a brief
           speech.

Jan. 23:   Geng, He and Zhang joined the New Year celebration 
           organized by the CSSS at the University of Virginia,
           at Charlottesville, Virginia.

Jan.25-27: Geng Xiao and He Baoping joined a volunteer group
           organized by the Greater Washington Network For 
           Chinese Democracy to help the preparation for the
           joint convention of Chinese Alliance for Democracy
           and Federation for a Democratic China.

Jan. 28:   HQ Officers He Baoping and Zhang Qingsong were hit
           by a car on their way to the HQ office. Mr. He had
           two bones broken and was hospitalized for three days.
           Zhang suffered only minor injury. 

Jan. 29:   IFCSS President Geng Xiao attended the Joint Convention
           of CAD and FDC as a honored quest. He made a speech at the
           opening ceremony.

Jan.30-31: A five member delegation of Taiwan Student Association
           visited the IFCSS HQ. Taiwan Workshop for the summer
           of 1993 was on the agenda of discussion during their
           visits.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
* For Computer information service offered by IFCSS/CCIC, please    *
* write to               [email-masked]                        *
*********************************************************************