Subject: IFCSS HQ Biweekly Report No.4016 (March 15-31, 1993)

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1993 14:09:23 -0400

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters Biweekly Report No. 4016   March 15-31,1993
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

                 IFCSS HQ Biweekly Report BW-4016
                      (March 15-31, 1993)

Mar. 16:  The HQ posted a Student Service Survey and received
          overwhelming response. In five days, the HQ received more
          than 450 replies.

Mar. 18:  Xu Bangtai and Zhang Boli, two of the newly elected
          leaders of the Alliance for a Democratic China, visited
          the HQ.

Mar.19-20:IFCSS President Geng Xiao and Executive Director Zhang
          Qingsong paid an on-site visit to University of Kentucky
          at Lexington to arrange for the 5th Congress which is
          tentatively scheduled for July 2-5.

Mar. 22:  In order to help the students get update information
          about the implementation of the Chinese Student
          Protection Act, the HQ decided to establish IFCSS-CSPA
          (S1216) Information Center.

Mar. 24:  Vice-president He Baoping and Executive Director Zhang
          Qingsong participated in a panel discussion in George Mason
          University, Virginia. They introduced the work of IFCSS
          and answered questions about the Protection Bill.

Mar. 24:  Geng Xiao began his ten day trip to Southern California
          and Arizona.

Mar. 25:  Shi Heping, Chairman of the Public Affairs and Government
          Relations Committee gave a talk on China in the Falls
          Church High School of Virginia despite that he has had a
          fever for three days.

Mar. 25:  Geng Xiao signed an agreement with the Asian American
          Association (California) to promote a long distance
          telephone service to Chinese students and scholars.

Mar. 26:  The HQ posted a message from the CGSA of University of
          Maryland at College Park on behalf of a student whose son
          has leukemia (a kind of blood cancer). The second day, a
          reader replied that there is a hospital which offers free
          medical care to third world patients with leukemia. That
          message has been forwarded to the student family.

Mar. 26:  Shi Heping met with Senator Kennedy's assistant Mike
          Meyers and Senator Gorton's assistant John Kelly to
          discuss issues in the implementation of CSPA.

Mar. 26:  Geng Xiao had a lunch with local CSS leaders in the Los
          Angeles Area. In the afternoon, he gave a talk to CSS in
          the University of California at Los Angeles. In the
          evening, he gave a speech to the CSS in the University of
          Southern California. World Journal and International
          Daily had reports on Geng Xiao's talks.

Mar. 27:  Geng Xiao visited the CSS of the University of California
          at San Diego and University of California at Irvine.

Mar. 29:  HQ submitted the third quarter financial report and 5th
          Congress preparation report to the Council.

Mar. 29:  Geng Xiao visited the CSS at Arizona State University at
          Phenix, Arizona.

Mar. 30:  Geng Xiao arrived in the University of Arizona, Tuscon,
          Arizona.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
* IFCSS Newsletter Vol.4, No.6 and 7 are now in the ftp site of     *
* ifcss.org  They are in the directory of ifcss/NL                  *
*********************************************************************