Subject: IFCSS HQ NR-4008: Bill Indeed Passed the House

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1992 22:12:46 -0400

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4008       August 20, 1992
            PROTECTION BILL INDEED PASSED THE HOUSE
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

            Protection Bill Indeed Passed the House
            =======================================

Dear IFCSS Members:

    The suspension concerning the status of the protection
bill now should come to an end. Mr. Hou Junwei has just
released the newest result of his research which confirms
that the Protection Bill (S.1216) has indeed been passed
by the House. The Bill now is waiting for the concurrence of
the Senate.

    Obviously, Mr. Hou has put a lot of time and energy
into the investigation of the situation. He has provided
valuable help to the campaign in the past. We should thank
him and wish he will continue to help us in the future.

    The protection campaign is a learning process for
all of us. We are learning the functions of democracy and
we are learning how to use our rights to protect our
interests.

    The HQ understands that the whole CSS community is
waiting for intructions from D.C. That message has been
conveyed to our people in charge of the lobby activities
and the HQ was told (on the past Monday) that a report
would be released soon.

    Thank you for your attention.

***************************************************************
         IFCSS Headquarters Office    Signature
***************************************************************