Subject: IFCSS HQ SR-4031: Focus on the White House

From: IFCSS HQ <ifcss>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 92 12:34:26 -0400

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4031    September 24, 1992
                FOCUS ON THE WHITE HOUSE
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

                Focus on the White House
                ========================

Dear IFCSS Members:

     With S1216 going to the White House, our next focus of
work will naturally be the President. Although the bill so
far has not met with strong resistance from the Administration,
we should not take it for granted that the President will sign
it. 

     While sending out "thank you" letters to senators and
congressmen, we should also contact, by telephone, fax or
mail, the White House to ask the President to sign the bill.
It is also a good idea to solicit help from American friends.
Local CSS organizations should also contact local news media
to let the American public know the human rights conditions
in China, our need for continued protection and the reasons
for President Bush to sign the bill. 

     Contact:

     Mail to:

     The White House
     1600 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W.
     Washington, D.C. 20500

     Telephone   (202)456-1111

     Fax:        (202)456-2461

     The mail format:
     
--------------------------------------------
The Honorable President George Bush
The White House
....

Dear President Bush:

    .......
--------------------------------------------

The message should be basically the same as we have posted earlier.
The difference is that we should change "please pass the bill"
into "please sign the bill as soon as possible."

    Thanks for the cooperation.

***************************************************************
         IFCSS Headquarters Office    Signature
***************************************************************