Subject: IFCSS HQ NR-4054: Protection Bill Signed into Law

From: IFCSS HQ <ifcss>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 92 11:07:01 -0400

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4054      October 9, 1992
                Protection Act Signed Into Law
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

                 Protection Bill Signed Into Law
                 =============================== 

     Five minutes ago, at 10:50 a.m. this morning, we learned
from Senator Gorton's office that the President had signed 
S1216, the Chinese Student Protection Act. Then, we contacted 
the White House and the news was confirmed.

     The HQ believes this victory is the result of the common efforts
of thousands of American friends as well as Chinese students and
scholars and wishes to thank all those who have worked hard in 
the past week to promote the presidential signature.

     Please keep tunned for more information.

***************************************************************
         IFCSS Headquarters Office    Signature
***************************************************************