Subject: IFCSS HQ NR-4063: Congratulation letter sent to Clinton and Gore

From: IFCSS HQ <ifcss>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1992 17:21:29 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4063      November 4, 1992
         CONGRATULATION LETTER SENT TO CLINTON AND GORE
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

         Congratulation Letter Sent to Clinton and Gore
         ==============================================

      This afternoon, a letter of congratulation was sent by
IFCSS HQ to the Clinton-Gore Campaign HQ (now transition HQ) in
Little Rock, Arkansas. We have noticed the posts in the networks
regarding new administration's China policy. We will take all
the views into serious consideration.

Enclosure
----------------------------------------------------------------
                                                          11/4/92

President-Elect William J. Clinton
Vice President-Elect Albert Gore Jr.
112 West 3rd St.
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201

Dear President-Elect Clinton and Vice President-Elect Gore:

We were very pleased to learn that you had been elected President
and Vice President of the United States and would like to extend,
on behalf of the 50,000 Chinese students currently studying in this
country, our warm congratulations.

Your election reflected the general sentiment of the American
people for change and progress, which we believe will come soon
under your capable leadership. A strong, prosperous America is in
the interests of all the peace-loving people of the world.

We are well aware and deeply thankful of the concern you have shown
over the human rights situation in China and will continue to look
up to you for support in our pursuit of democracy and freedom. We
are convinced that pressure from the world community, particularly
the United States, will help effect positive changes in China's
political structure and ultimately bring about a democratic
government in the world's most populous country.

Sincerely,

Xiao Geng, President

Baoping He, Vice President

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*                 =========================                         *
* President:      Geng Xiao  Assistant to the President: Shi Heping *
* Vice-President: He Baoping     Executive Director: Zhang Qingsong *
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
*                   The Missions of IFCSS                           *
* Promote freedom, democracy, human rights and rule of law in China *
* Assist the development of  scienece, culture and economy in China *
* Represent the interests of Chinese students and scholars in U.S.A *
* IFCSS is a non-profit organization and has tax-exempt status. To  *
* donate, please make checks payable to "IFCSS" and send to:        *
*   IFCSS, 733 15th St. N.W., Suite 440, Washington D.C., 20005     *
*********************************************************************