Subject: IFCSS HQ NR-4069: Mass Mailing: Urgent Call for Help

From: IFCSS HQ <ifcss>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1992 15:57:26 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4069     November 13, 1992
              MASS MAILING: URGENT CALL FOR HELP
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

              Mass Mailing: Urgent Call for Help
              ==================================

Dear fellow Chinese students and scholars:

     This term HQ has prepared an information package including
a call for donations to be  used in the mass mailing project. We
plan to send out 20,000 letters before Christmas. This is a huge
project which takes a lot of time and energy. We hope that the 
CSS nation-wide would help us complete this  project.

     This time, we want to give you detailed instructions.

     Here is how you can help us.

     1. find a copy of your school's telephone directory.

     2. find the pages of the faculty members and administrators.

     3. find the addresses of those people.

     4. type 20 addresses into computer.

     5. in this format:

        last name, first name
        *** ** street, apt **8
        city
        State
        zip code

     6. send the addresses to us through email.

     The HQ then will take over (printing lebels, stuffing the envelops,
mailing, etc.)

     If we can get 500 students involved in this project, then
we can collect 10,000 addreess.

     Please do this as soon as possible. All the letters must
be sent out before Christmas.

     Thanks for your support.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*                 =========================                         *
* President:      Geng Xiao  Assistant to the President: Shi Heping * 
* Vice-President: He Baoping     Executive Director: Zhang Qingsong *
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
*                   The Missions of IFCSS                           *
* Promote freedom, democracy, human rights and rule of law in China *
* Assist the development of  scienece, culture and economy in China *
* Represent the interests of Chinese students and scholars in U.S.A *
* IFCSS is a non-profit organization and has tax-exempt status. To  *
* donate, please make checks payable to "IFCSS" and send to:        *
*   IFCSS, 733 15th St. N.W., Suite 440, Washington D.C., 20005"    *
*********************************************************************