Subject: IFCSS HQ Officers Visited Local Campuses (IFCSS HQ NR-4075)

From: IFCSS HQ <ifcss>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1992 17:00:18 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No.  4075     December 2, 1992
          IFCSS HQ OFFICERS VISITED LOCAL CAMPUSES
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

       Report: IFCSS HQ Officers Visited Local Campuses
       ================================================

Dear IFCSS Members:

     During the week of Thanksgiving Holiday, the HQ officers
were divided into two groups and visited a total of 11 campuses.
Yesterday, IFCSS HQ officers, Geng Xiao, He Baoping, Shi Heping
and Zhang Qingsong, have all returned to HQ safely from their
trips to the Northern Pacific and Southeastern states. Now, the HQ
is back to normal operation.

     The following is a brief summary of their visits.

               The Northern Pacific Visits
               ===========================

11-21:    IFCSS President Geng Xiao arrived in Portland, Oregon. In
          the evening, he gave a speech in the CSS gathering in
          Portland State University.

11-22:    Geng Xiao visited the CSS community in Oregon State
          University.

11-23:    Geng Xiao and Shi Heping met with Senator Slade Gorton in
          Seattle.

11-24:    Geng Xiao and Shi Heping attended the reception honoring
          Senator Gorton. Geng Xiao gave a speech and, on behalf of
          IFCSS, presented a plaque to Senator Gorton. Geng Xiao
          also met with the CSS in the University of Washington
          during his stay in Seattle.

11-26:    Geng Xiao visited the Washington State University at
          Pullman. After addressing the CSS in WSU, he joined
          the holiday party organized by CSSA at WSU.

11-27:    Geng Xiao visited the CSS in the University of Idaho.

11-28:    Geng Xiao completed his trip and returned to D.C.

Summary:  7 days, 3 states and 5 schools.

     The Southeastern Trips by He Baoping and Zhang Qingsong
     =======================================================

11-20:    Joined CSS Gathering in Emory University, Atlanta.

11-21:    Met with the CSS in the University of South Carolina,
          Columbia, South Carolina.

11-22:    Back to Atlanta, met with the CSS leaders in Georgia
          Tech.

11-24:    Met with CSS in the University of Georgia, Athens.

11-25:    Met with the CSS in the Florida State University,
          Tallahasse, Florida. Joined Thanksgiving party.

11-28:    Met with the CSS in the University of Florida,
          Gainsville, Florida.

11-30:    Arrived in D.C.

Summary:  In 10 days, traveled 3,000 miles and visited 6 schools
          in 3 states.

    The HQ officers received warm welcome in every place they went.
Some schools have never been visited by IFCSS HQ officers. The HQ
officers are very encouraged by the results of their visits. They
plan to make visits to other regions later on.

    The HQ officers would like to thank Dong Liqun, current IFCSS
Council Member, and Lu Ping, former IFCSS council member, for their
great work in organizing the reception for Senator Slade Gorton.

    We thank the following CSS leaders for arranging the visits and
organizing the meetings: Qi Yenon and Luan Shusheng of Oregon State
University; Han Dawei and Zhang Weiming of the Portland State
University; Dong Liqun, Yan Ming and Lu Ping in the University of
Washington; Huang Ling, Chen Jian, Che Dazhi and Chen Xin of
Washington State University; Wei Dong of the University of Idaho;
Zhou Hongguang of Emory University; Gang Ruojun, Li Cilong and Wang
Yanan of University of South Carolina; He Xiaoyi of Georgia Tech;
Chen Baowei and Xiong Momiao of University of Georgia; Zhang Yi and
Yu Yan of Florida State University; Jiang Ming and Yang Lui of the
University of Florida.

    We also thank those who have come to the meetings, given
comments and/or provided assistance to us.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*                 =========================                         *
* President:      Geng Xiao  Assistant to the President: Shi Heping *
* Vice-President: He Baoping     Executive Director: Zhang Qingsong *
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
*                   The Missions of IFCSS                           *
* Promote freedom, democracy, human rights and rule of law in China *
* Assist the development of  scienece, culture and economy in China *
* Represent the interests of Chinese students and scholars in U.S.A *
* IFCSS is a non-profit organization and has tax-exempt status.     *
*********************************************************************