Subject: Candle Light Vigil at Chinese Embassy (IFCSS HQ NR-4076)

From: IFCSS HQ <ifcss>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1992 18:02:20 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4076      December 3, 1992
           CANDLELIGHT VIGIL AT CHINESE EMBASSY
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

            Candlelight Vigil at Chinese Embassy
                            on
                    December 10, 1992

Dear IFCSS Members:

     December 10 is the International Human Rights Day. The
Amnesty International USA is leading vigils at various
embassies and the Supreme Court in Washington on the Human
Right Day. Embassies targeted are: Guatemala, Sudan, Uganda,
Burma, China, United Kingdom, Mexico, Syria, Israel along with
U.S. Supreme Court.

     IFCSS will sponsor candlelight vigils in front of the
Chinese Embassy at 2300 Connecticut Avenue, N.W. Washington,
D.C. We call upon the Chinese students and scholars in the
Greater Washington D.C. area to join this activity.

     Date:     Thursday, December 10, 1992
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

     Time:     5:30-7:30 pm
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^

     Place:    2300 Connecticut Ave. N.W. Washington D.C.
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

     Theme:    Come to Light a Candle to End the Darkness
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

     Candles will be provided. Please join us.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*                 =========================                         *
* President:      Geng Xiao  Assistant to the President: Shi Heping *
* Vice-President: He Baoping     Executive Director: Zhang Qingsong *
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
*                   The Missions of IFCSS                           *
* Promote freedom, democracy, human rights and rule of law in China *
* Assist the development of  scienece, culture and economy in China *
* Represent the interests of Chinese students and scholars in U.S.A *
* IFCSS is a non-profit organization and has tax-exempt status.     *
*********************************************************************