Subject: IFCSS will send news to individuals (IFCSS HQ NR-4085)

From: IFCSS HQ <ifcss>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1993 15:00:40 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4085       January 7, 1993
              PBS-L: IFCSS EMAIL DISTRIBUTION LIST
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

              PBS-L:  IFCSS Email Distribution List
              =====================================

Dear IFCSS Members:

     With the assistance of IFCSS Chinese Community Information
Center, IFCSS has established a new email distribution list
PBS-L which is now open for subscription.

     In the past, many people have sent in their email addresses
to the HQ hoping to receive IFCSS official announcement directly
from the HQ. Since July 1992, the HQ has established a group
distribution list to send news releases directly to local
CSS email networks. The establishment of PBS-L would enable
those CSS, who cannot hook up to local school networks, to
receive IFCSS news directly.

     PBS-L stands for Personal Broadcasting System List.
It is open for everyone to subscribe. Sign-on/off process
is handled by machine. It is owned and maintained by IFCSS HQ.
It will only be used by the HQ to distribute IFCSS official
news releases and announcements. Posting privileges will be
reserved for HQ only.

     We hope that this list will create a fast and direct
channel of communication between IFCSS and its members. The
list will be tightly controled so that no irrelevant messages
will appear on the list. Our objective is to have several
thousand subscribers in the list.

     To subscribe PBS-L, please send email to

     [email-masked]

     Put in the mailbody:  sub pbs-l your name

     To sign off, put in the mailbody  unsub pbs-l your name

     Please contact the HQ if you have questions.

     Thank you for your attention.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*                 =========================                         *
* President:      Geng Xiao  Assistant to the President: Shi Heping *
* Vice-President: He Baoping     Executive Director: Zhang Qingsong *
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
*                   The Missions of IFCSS                           *
* Promote freedom, democracy, human rights and rule of law in China *
* Assist the development of  scienece, culture and economy in China *
* Represent the interests of Chinese students and scholars in U.S.A *
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************