Subject: To Host the Fifth IFCSS Congress (IFCSS HQ NR-4088)

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1993 17:59:13 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4088      January 11, 1993
              TO HOST THE FIFTH IFCSS CONGRESS
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

               To Host the 5th IFCSS Congress
               ==============================

                   (A Call for Proposal)

Dear IFCSS Member Organizations:

     As authorized by the IFCSS Council, the HQ now is making
preliminary preparations for the 5th IFCSS Congress. Our first
task is to find the host school and the location for the Congress.
In the past, the University of Illinois at Chicago, Ohio-State 
University, the University of Maryland at College Park and the 
University of Minnesota have hosted the First, Second, Third and 
Fouth Congresses respectively. This year, priority will be given
to those schools which have not hosted Congresses.

     IFCSS member organizations are encouraged to submit proposals
to host the Fifth Congress. Here are some basic information (or
expectations) about the Congress.

     Time preferred:           Between July 1 and July 20 

     Participating schools:    150 +

     Participants (delegates, quests, observers):  250-300

     Days:                     3-4  (Must include a weekend)

Requirement for host schools:

         A:  an active group of volunteers to work for the Congress;
         B:  convenient location and transportation;
         C:  competitive price for meeting rooms and lodging.

     If yous organization is interested, please contact the HQ
as soon as possible.

     Thank you for your attention.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*                 =========================                         *
* President:      Geng Xiao  Assistant to the President: Shi Heping * 
* Vice-President: He Baoping     Executive Director: Zhang Qingsong *
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
*                   The Missions of IFCSS                           *
* Promote freedom, democracy, human rights and rule of law in China *
* Assist the development of  scienece, culture and economy in China *
* Represent the interests of Chinese students and scholars in U.S.A *
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from the list, please send email to [email-masked]  *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub pbs-l last name first name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub pbs-l last name first name         *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************