Subject: Taiwan Summer Tour and Workshop (IFCSS HQ NR-4101)

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1993 15:42:00 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4101     February 19, 1993
    TAIWAN SUMMER WORKSHOP AND TOUR ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS 
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

Dear IFCSS Members:

     If you are interested in joining the Taiwan Summer Tour and
Workshop, please read the following announcement carefully. The
IFCSS HQ has applications forms. If you want the forms, please
contact the HQ. We can only fax the documents to you.

     Please remember the application MUST be mailed or faxed
to the organizers in Taiwan (not IFCSS).

     Thanks for your attention and to those interested in the
program, good luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------

           Announcing '93 Taiwan Summer Tour and Workshop

The 'Taiwan Study Tour' has been on route for three years. Now the third
trip is in preparation. It is organized and sponsored by 'The Association
of Chinese Youth Solidarity' (Zhong1 Guo2 Qing1 Nian1 Tuan2 Jie2 
Hui4) in Taiwan.
 
sightseeing, and the famous "Lian Hua Tour."

The proper application should include:  

1. Application form.
2. Resume.
3. Why you want to join this trip.
4. Your plans for the next ten years.
5. Write an article with the theme "My Knowledge about Taiwan", maximum
   1,500 words. It may focus on political development, economic
   achievement, academic studies or any subject of your interests and
   specialty. We will arrange your presentation if you have an article.

The organizers will pay all the expenses in Taiwan. The participants
have to share part of the airline tickets.

The deadline is         March 15, 1993
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The organizers will screen the applications and make decisions according
to qualifications. 

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
* Remember these new  Chinese political prisoners:                  *
*  Zhu Guoqiang, arrested September, 1992 in Hunan Province         *
*  Chen Jianyong, arrested November, 1992 in Hunan Province         *
*  Xie Changzhong, arrested December, 1992 in Hunan Province        *
*  Pan Mindong, arrested December, 1992 in Hunan Province           *
*********************************************************************