Subject: Scholarship for Ph.D. Students from Mainland China (IFCSS HQ NR-4115)

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1993 18:04:52 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4115         April 1, 1993
     SCHOLARSHIP FOR PH.D. STUDENTS FROM MAINLAND CHINA
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

         Scholarship for Mainland Chinese Students
         =========================================

Dear IFCSS Members:

     Please pay attention to the following announcement on
the scholarship for students from Mainland China.
     Thanks.

**************************************************************

From:                 Mr. Lee Yuh-Jie Scholarship

Number to be awarded this year:    4-8 

Amout of the Scholarship:          $2,000-4,000 each.

Qualifications:

         1.   Must be students from MAINLAND CHINA and enrolled
              in Ph.D. programs.

         2.   Have not obtained Permanent Residency and U.S.
              citizenship.

         3.   Must be in ABD (all but dissertation) status, writing 
              the dissertation.

         4.   Attending schools in the following areas:  

              Washington D.C.       Maryland
              Virginia              West Virginia
              Delaware              North Carolina
              South Carolina        Georgia
              Kentucky              Tennessee
              Alabama               Florida

Application:

     A:       Application form.
     B:       Recommendations from two professors.
     C:       Official letter centifying ABD status.
              Transcripts.
     D:       Dissertation Ourline (in English), Maximum 3,000 words.
     E:       Letter certifying the approval of dissertation outline.
     F:       If you do not receive fellowship/scholarship from the
              school, include a letter from the school to certify that.

Application Period:

     Application Start:       March 15, 1993

     Application Close:       June 15, 1993
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Announcing Winners:           September 1993

Contact:      (Do not write to IFCSS)

     Mr. Lee Yuh-Jie Scholarship
     P. O. Box 5660
     Washington, D.C. 20016

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from the list, please send email to [email-masked]  *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub PBS-L firstname lastname             *
*    (For signing off)     unsub PBS-L firstname lastname           *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************