Subject: YOU MAY START TO PREPARE FOR THE CSPA APPLICATION (IFCSS HQ NR-4134)

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1993 12:10:49 -0400

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4134          June 4, 1993
     YOU MAY START TO PREPARE FOR THE CSPA APPLICATION NOW
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

     You May Start to Prepare for the Application for CSPA 
     =====================================================

Dear fellow Chinese students and scholars:

     The Regulation for the implementation of CSPA is almost
ready for release by the INS. It is now waiting for approval by
the Attorney General. However, the Regulations perhaps won't be
released until mid- or late-June because of the bureaucratic red
tape. Thus, it would leave little time for preparation or pre-
processing.

     Although some sensitive issues, such as the guota, late
arriving dependents, etc., are not yet finally resolved (through
our efforts, the Regulation may be more favorable to the CSS, 
but in order to avoid negative effects, we cannot discuss them
now), the implementation procedures have been decided. Therefore,
the CSS can now start to prepare for the applications.

     The forms will be used are the regular Employment based
application forms. No special forms will be made for this Act.
IFCSS has got the permission from INS to help the government
distribute the forms. We can start to mail some relevant INS
forms in one-two weeks. Details still needs to be worked out.
We have three choices: A. We send forms in packages to local
coordinators; B. IFCSS send forms directly to local individual
CSS (it would exceed the ability of IFCSS, although those
who have registered in the Center will be guaranteed to receive
the forms); C. IFCSS provides a list to the INS and the later
will mail the forms. We will meet with INS officials next week
to make the plan. 

    You can however go to local INS district offices to get
the forms by yourself now. Ask for a package of the
Employment based PR application forms, which should include
I-485, I-693, G-325A, form 9003, etc.

    Medical Examination:  In the application you will be
required to take the medical examination. Get a list of
INS approved doctors in your area and make an appointment
for the examination. It is advised to do this early because
the appointment would take some time. 

    You will also be required to do the finger printing.
You can get it done in local police stations.

    You may get your photo taken right now.

    You should keep your entry/departure records in order, such 
as copies of I-94, copies of your passport (every page), work
authorization, etc.

     IFCSS CSPA  Information Center's telephone number is
202-347-0017.    

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from the list, please send email to [email-masked]  *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub pbs-l last name first name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub pbs-l last name first name         *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************