Subject: DONATIONS TO IFCSS FROM LOCAL CSS ORGANIZATIONS (IFCSS HQ NR-4149)

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1993 12:40:13 -0400

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4149         June 28, 1993
        DONATIONS TO IFCSS FROM LOCAL CSS ORGANIZATIONS
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

         Donations to IFCSS from Local CSS Organizations
         ===============================================

Dear fellow Chinese Students and Scholars:

     Recently, the IFCSS June 4th Foundation and several IFCSS
working branches have received a total of $12,000.00 from some 
local CSS organizations. We would like to openly express our
appreciation to those organizations.

           UMass-Amherst Democracy Foundation
           **********************************

     The UMass-Amherst Democracy Foundation donated $9445.40
to the IFCSS June 4th Foundation. 

     The IFCSS June 4th Foundation provides relief fund for the
June 4th victims and their families as well as those who were
persecuted in China because of their belief, speech or political
opinions. The Foundation also supports other activities aimed at
improving China's human rights situation, but expenditures falling
withing this category should not exceed one-tenth of the total
allocation of the Foundation.

     Earlier in this term, the IFCSS June 4th Foundation also 
received donations of $2016.06 from the Democracy Foundation in
the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and $1100.00 
from the June 4th Foundation at Stanford University.

     With the full cooperation of IFCSS's HQ, Humanitarian
Assistance Committee and the Human Rights Committee and many
volunteers, the June 4th Foundation in this term has sent over
$20,000 relief fund to over 100 victims in China. We hope that
with a strong support from the general CSS community in the U.S.,
those who have received the relief fund will continue to get the
help from the June 4th Foundation and the recipient list will be
expanded as our efforts continue.

                CSSU at Purdue University 
                *************************

From: [email-masked] (Chenjian Li)
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 93 13:55:44 -0500
To: [email-masked]

HQ staff,

We, the CSSU-Purdue had a successful 6.4 momorial event. In the 
spirit of the 6.4 movement, which is the dedication to our country,
we would like to go down to earth work. One aspect of our effort 
here is to support the IFCSS and its working branch.

In addition to the donation to the protection bill, we would like
to make this year's donation to IFCSS at $1,200. This amount, 
according to the decision of the CSS here, will be divided into 
three parts. They will be sent to: 1. Human Rights in China (the
branch led by Xiao Qiang); 2. 6.4 Humanitarian Fund (led by Zhang
Yalai); 3. Educational Exchange Program (led by Luan Shusheng).

Although this is not a huge amount, it is, however, from every
individual here at Purdue, who really cares. That is what IFCSS is
about, isn't it?

...

[Note: The branch led by Xiao Qiang is the Human Rights Committee.)

           CIU at the University of Wisconsin, Madison
           *******************************************

     The Chinese Independent Union at the University of Wisconsin,
Madison donated $250 to the IFCSS Chinese Community Information
Center led by Ding Jian.

     Again, we are grateful to all who have given support to
IFCSS.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*                                                                   *
* President:      Geng Xiao  Assistant to the President: Shi Heping * 
* Vice-President: He Baoping     Executive Director: Zhang Qingsong *
*********************************************************************