Subject: IFCSS HQ SR-4028: IFCSS Insurance Reduce Deductible

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1992 00:42:45 -0400

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters Special Report No. 4028      August 4, 1992
            IFCSS INSURANCE REDUCES DEDUCTIBLE
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

            IFCSS Insurance Reduces Deductible
            ==================================

Dear IFCSS Members:

    In shortly two years, the IFCSS-IGS Medical Insurance
project has become a well-established program providing
affordable and quality services to thousands of Chinese
students and scholars and their families. August and
September are the golden months to promote IFCSS-IGS
Insurance since many new students are coming to campuses
and many students/scholars have to renew or buy insurance
policies.

    To make the IFCSS-IGS Medical Insurance even more
competitive, IGS has just announced that it will reduce
the deductible for the IFCSS Medical Insurance program
to $25 from $50 for THOSE SCHOOLS that have 75 or more
enrollments in the program and the on campus student
health facility is used first.

    IFCSS is committed to make this program work and
will improve it in all possible ways. We need to hear
your ideas. We also need your help in:

    1. Introduce the program to students from Taiwan and
Hong Kong. We believe this program will serve them well.

    2. Introduce the program to the new students. You can
do this by taking the brochures to the Orientation programs
or to the International Student Office at your school.

    3. Ask the leaders of your organization to contact
IFCSS HQ to receive the fund. Last year, the Headquarters
allocated several thousand dollars to local Chinese
student organizations.

    For information and brochures, please call Mr.
Andrew Colbert at 1-800-327-6438.

    IFCSS Service programs such as the Medican Insurance
program and the Economic Long Distance Telephone Program
link Chinese students, local Chinese student organizations
and IFCSS together. They broaden the scope of IFCSS
activities. They serve the needs of Chinese students
and scholars. They support IFCSS and local Chinese
organizations financially. We have to work together and work
hard to make these programs successful.

    Thanks for your cooperation.

Gao Hong
Acting Chair
IFCSS Student Services Committee

------------------------------------------------------------
Enclosure

      Letter from IGS to Geng Xiao, President of IFCSS

Dear Geng Xiao:

International Group Services is pleased to confirm that
effective August 1, 1992 we will offer a reduced deductible
to IFCSS members in certain schools. For those campus
organizations that have at least 75 students enrolled in
the health insurance program through August of 1992, we will
reduce their deductible to $25.00 from $50.00 if they use
their on campus student health center first.

Keep in mind that the on campus student health center must
be what we consider a "full service" facility. That is to
say that it must be open reasonable hours, have a nurse(s),
a doctor(s), day bed infirmary and overnight accommodations.
For these reasons we will review each case on an individual
basis.

Sincerely,

Andrew L. Colbert
Regional Marketing director

***************************************************************
         IFCSS Headquarters Office    Signature
***************************************************************