Subject: IFCSS HQ SR-4030: 1992 PROTECTION BILL PASSED HOUSE

From: IFCSS HQ <ifcss>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 92 15:25:47 -0400

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters Special Report No. 4030     August 10, 1992
         1992 CHINESE PROTECTION BILL PASSED HOUSE
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

From:   IFCSS  HQ
To:     Chinese Students and Scholars Nation-wide
Re:     1992 Chinese Student Protection Bill Passed House

The 1992 Chinese Protection Bill made a giant step this
afternoon when it was adopted by the Whole House without
objection.

The House started the debate on the bill at about 3:00 pm.
The debate lasted about 30 minutes and the bill passed
the House by voice vote. (The whole process was shown
on C-SPAN).

Because the bill has been amended in the House, it will 
be returned to the Senate for consent. If it is passed by
the Senate again, it will be sent to the White House for
approval. We will give instructions very soon about what
to do in the next stage.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank those who
have contributed with donations, time and energy in the
nation-wide campaign supporting the protection bill. Let
us continue our efforts until the bill is signed into law.

***************************************************************
         IFCSS Headquarters Office    Signature
***************************************************************