Subject: HQ NR #7031: Congressional Briefing [I]

From: [email-masked] (ifcss)
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 95 04:38:03 GMT

&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=
HEADQUARTERS NEWSRELEASE * HEADQUARTERS NEWSRELEASE * HEADQUARTERS *
&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^

       *  *  *    N E W S   R E L E A S E   7031   *  *  *
          _________   September 7, 1995  __________

   [[[[[[  [[[[[[[[[[    [[[[[[       [[[[[[[      [[[[[[[
    [[[     [[[        [[[    [[[   [[[    [[[   [[[    [[[    ______
    [[[     [[[       [[[          [[[          [[[
   [[[     [[[[[[[[  [[[            [[[[[        [[[[[
   [[[     [[[       [[[               [[[[[        [[[[[    ______
  [[[     [[[        [[[                  [[[          [[[  ____
  [[[     [[[         [[[    [[[  [[[[   [[[   [[[[   [[[
[[[[[[  [[[[[[         [[[[[[[     [[[[[[[[     [[[[[[[[

&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^
IFCSS Foundation, Inc. 733 15th Street, NW  Suite 440 Washington,
     D.C. 20005   Tel: (202) 347-0017      Fax: (202) 347-0018
&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=

1.            Congressional Briefing on Capitol Hill
    -- Sponsored by Business Employment Immigration Coalition

When the Congress resumed on Tuesday, the lobby against anti-immigra-
tion  campaign goes heating up. It will be a critical period from now 
through the  coming several weeks. A Congressional Briefing sponsored 
by Business Employment Immigration Coalition was held on Capitol Hill 
from 3:00 to 4:00 pm this afternoon at Rayburn House Building. Parti-
cipants included Congress staffs, press, and  active  lobbyists  from 
the coalition and giant  interests groups  and companies, such as Mr. 
Warren Leiden of   American Immigration Lawyers Association,  Phyllis 
Eisen of National Association of Manufacturers,   Eva  Jack of  Intel 
Corporation, Elizabeth Wright  of  Texas  Instruments  and  Christine 
Owens of Sun Microsystems. The Chief of Office of the IFCSS, Mr. Feng
suo Zhou, attended the briefing.  The atomsphere of the briefing  was
overwhelming, and certainly will be  influencing  the  members of the 
House Committee and their staffs.

   IFCSS Task Force has contacted local CSSA leaders as many as avai-
lable for providing more lobby materials, including  those  regarding 
business employment immigration issues.   We   have got some up-dated
material from this briefing.    If you   are a local CSS organization 
leader, or an ordinary CSS concerned about this issue, please contact 
the HQ immediately for more  materials. You could   just  send the HQ 
your address, that 's all you need to do.

                         *   *   *   *   *

2. IFCSS HQ staff has talked with some coalition colleagues regarding 
the local grassroots lobby. Currently this coalition has been waiting 
for more "successful stories" about new immigrants with highly educa-
ted background, for a series of articles going to appeal in New  York 
Times. Slightly different  from the calls the IFCSS made before,   we 
now need some more  from  those  who came to the  States  after 1990, 
although the others are still highly welcomed.  Please send  it  to: 
[email-masked]  or Judy Mark at 202 544 0004.   Thank you so much for 
help.

*********************************************************************
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from the list, please send email to [email-masked]  *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub PBS-L last name first name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub PBS-L last name first name         *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************