Subject: HQ NR #7047: House Votes Bill H.R. 2202 Tomorrow

From: [email-masked] (ifcss)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 18:12:48 -0400

*  *  *    N E W S   R E L E A S E   7047   *  *  *
           _________   October 23, 1995  __________

   [[[[[[  [[[[[[[[[[    [[[[[[       [[[[[[[      [[[[[[[
    [[[     [[[        [[[    [[[   [[[    [[[   [[[    [[[    ______
    [[[     [[[       [[[          [[[          [[[
   [[[     [[[[[[[[  [[[            [[[[[        [[[[[
   [[[     [[[       [[[               [[[[[        [[[[[    ______
  [[[     [[[        [[[                  [[[          [[[  ____
  [[[     [[[         [[[    [[[  [[[[   [[[   [[[[   [[[
[[[[[[  [[[[[[         [[[[[[[     [[[[[[[[     [[[[[[[[

&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^
IFCSS Foundation, Inc. 733 15th Street, NW  Suite 440 Washington,
     D.C. 20005   Tel: (202) 347-0017      Fax: (202) 347-0018
&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=

               House Votes Bill H.R. 2202 Tomorrow

The House Judiciary Committee is preparing to finish up its mark-up of 
H.R. 2202, and the full Committee will vote on H.R. 2202  on  Tuesday,
October 24th, that is, after months of lengthy discussion and debates,
the bill is ready to go for a final determination, tomorrow.

Although the lobby has been effective, some provisions, harsh and res-
trictive, have been softened, many are left unpleasant  and  disadvan-
tageous to CSS community, and the efforts to split up the bill, failed.
The family immigration will be gravely  affected  which will make many
CSS family members difficult to come to the States for union, but some
items affecting business immigration,  after vigirous lobby and under-
table negotiation especially by giant corporations, were removed.

IFCSS will keep CSS informed of the voting progress  tomorrow.  Thanks
for your attention.

*********************************************************************
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from the list, please send email to [email-masked]  *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub PBS-L last name first name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub PBS-L last name first name         *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************