Subject: HQ NR #7048: Wang Juntao Hunger Strike for Parole of Chen Ziming for Medication

From: [email-masked] (ifcss)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 18:10:27 -0400

*  *  *    N E W S   R E L E A S E   7036   *  *  *
          _________   September 22, 1995  __________

   [[[[[[  [[[[[[[[[[    [[[[[[       [[[[[[[      [[[[[[[
    [[[     [[[        [[[    [[[   [[[    [[[   [[[    [[[    ______
    [[[     [[[       [[[          [[[          [[[
   [[[     [[[[[[[[  [[[            [[[[[        [[[[[
   [[[     [[[       [[[               [[[[[        [[[[[    ______
  [[[     [[[        [[[                  [[[          [[[  ____
  [[[     [[[         [[[    [[[  [[[[   [[[   [[[[   [[[
[[[[[[  [[[[[[         [[[[[[[     [[[[[[[[     [[[[[[[[

&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^
IFCSS Foundation, Inc. 733 15th Street, NW  Suite 440 Washington,
     D.C. 20005   Tel: (202) 347-0017      Fax: (202) 347-0018
&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=

              Wang Juntao Hunger Strike for Parole of 
                      Chen Ziming for Medication

  Today, October 23, is the eleventh day after Mr. Chen Ziming, the
prominent Chinese dissident, started his  hunger  strike for proper
medication in Beijing No. 2 Prison.   Chen Ziming  had  a  prostate
cancer operation, and was sent back to the prison in late June. The
authority froze his bank accounts in September, making  his  family
unable to purchase medicine for his cancer control. 

  Wang Juntao, entered the third day of hunger strike, for  suppor-
ting Chen Ziming and asking granting parole to Mr. Chen   for imme-
diate and proper medication, in New York City this morning,   where 
the United Nations is celebrating its  fiftieth   anniversary,  and 
Sino - U.S. summit talk will be held on Tuesday, October 24th.

  Wang Juntao went back to Washington D.C. at  noon   for a   press 
conference in Nationa Press Building.   Several dozens of reporters 
from mainstream media attended the meeting.

  IFCSS Headquarters fully supports Mr. Chen Ziming for   his stru-
ggle for parole in order to get adequate medical care and keep  the
disease in control. We believe the proper and  immediate  treatment 
is absolutely required, and the authority should parole Mr. Chen at
least for the sake of humanitarism.

  The Headquarters would also appeal to Chinese students and  scho-
lars for donations to Mr. Chen Ziming. Please write your check to: 
Chen Ziming, and send it to this office - 733 15th St. N.W.  Suite 
440, Washington D.C. 20005. We will acknowleage the receipt of the
checks individually and  promise the fund will be tranfered to his 
family promptly and safely.

  Please make an effort, to save a life! Thank you very much.

*********************************************************************
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from the list, please send email to [email-masked]  *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub PBS-L last name first name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub PBS-L last name first name         *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************