Subject: HQ NR #7053: Call for Application & Participation of "Taiwan Tour"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 19:50:08 -0500

*  *  *    N E W S   R E L E A S E   7053   *  *  *
             _________   November 10, 1995   __________

   [[[[[[  [[[[[[[[[[    [[[[[[       [[[[[[[      [[[[[[[
    [[[     [[[        [[[    [[[   [[[    [[[   [[[    [[[    ______
    [[[     [[[       [[[          [[[          [[[
   [[[     [[[[[[[[  [[[            [[[[[        [[[[[
   [[[     [[[       [[[               [[[[[        [[[[[    ______
  [[[     [[[        [[[                  [[[          [[[  ____
  [[[     [[[         [[[    [[[  [[[[   [[[   [[[[   [[[
[[[[[[  [[[[[[         [[[[[[[     [[[[[[[[     [[[[[[[[

&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^
IFCSS Foundation, Inc. 733 15th Street, NW  Suite 440 Washington,
     D.C. 20005   Tel: (202) 347-0017      Fax: (202) 347-0018
&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=

      Call for Application & Participation of Taiwan Tour '96

"Taiwan Tour", organized by Taiwan Youth Solidarity (TYS) annually in 
summer,  has been rather popular among Chinese  student  and  scholar 
communities in the past years. Entrusted by TYS,  IFCSS  Headquarters
hereby calls for application and  participation of  Taiwan  Tour '96,
which is tentatively scheduled in next July.

Since the first one held in 1991, five consecutive  tours  have  been
organized in the past five years attended by nearly 300 students  and  
scholars, orignally from mainland. The participants,  from a dozen of 
countries throughout the world, have uniquely experienced a period of
two weeks in the island, observing the economic progress,   political  
democratization, social transition and development, and have had tho-
rough opportunities to exchange opinions on a variety of issues,  in-
cluding the realtionship between two sides of   Taiwan  Strait,  with  
youth, college students, scholars, legislators  and  other  political 
figures in Taiwan.  Many Chinese overseas students regard the trip as 
an eye-opening tour with unforgetable experience in their lives.

The sixth Taiwan Tour, focusing on the theme of "China, Striving into
the Twenty-First Century", will take  place  in  July  of  1996.  All
overseas students and scholars are welcome for application  with  one
writing article required. Recommendation is encouraged.  All applica-
tions will be reviewed by a panel and final decisions be made in  the
end of next March. As usual, the expenses in the island will be supp-
orted, and participants will be responsible only partially for inter-
national transporations.

Please address to IFCSS Headquarters for application forms and detai-
led instructions for application. Your address, phone and fax numbers
should be included.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Cut the following part and reply to:   [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  [  ] I would like to get application materials for application

My name:__________________ Institution:______________________________

Phone:  ______________________ Fax: ______________________

Address: ____________________________________________________________

         ____________________________________________________________ 
   
Position in Local CSSA (Optional): __________________________________

*********************************************************************
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from the list, please send email to [email-masked]  *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub PBS-L last name first name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub PBS-L last name first name         *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************