Subject: HQ NR #7080: Spring Festival and Humanitarian Assistance

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 21:21:13 -0500

*  *  *    N E W S   R E L E A S E  # 7080    *  *  *
             _________   January 25, 1996   __________

   [[[[[[  [[[[[[[[[[    [[[[[[       [[[[[[[      [[[[[[[
    [[[     [[[        [[[    [[[   [[[    [[[   [[[    [[[    _____
    [[[     [[[       [[[          [[[          [[[
   [[[     [[[[[[[[  [[[            [[[[[        [[[[[
   [[[     [[[       [[[               [[[[[        [[[[[    ______
  [[[     [[[        [[[                  [[[          [[[  ____
  [[[     [[[         [[[    [[[  [[[[   [[[   [[[[   [[[
[[[[[[  [[[[[[         [[[[[[[     [[[[[[[[     [[[[[[[[

&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&
 Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars in the USA
IFCSS Foundation, Inc. 733 15th Street, NW  Suite 440 Washington,
     D.C. 20005   Tel: (202) 347-0017      Fax: (202) 347-0018
&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&

            Spring Festival and Humanitarian Assistance

  '96 Chinese Spring Festival is coming. In homeland our parents and 
relatives probably have already  started special yearly shopping and 
house-cleaning for celebration of our traditional Lunar Year of 1996!
We wish all of you and your family both in China and in the USA have
a pleasant Chinese New Year.

   The IFCSS would like to take this opportunity to draw your atten-
tion to a group of people in China.  They are mainly in Beijing, Wu-
han, Changshang, and several other cities, they are unnoticable, and
even try hard to hide their sorrow and mishaps  because they have to  
... they are victims of June Fourth!

   Among those whom  the IFCSS has been providing assistances in the 
past five to six years, some lost their childred and are either old, 
poor or sick;  some are surviving wives and childres with their hus-
bands and fathers passed away during June 3 to 4, 1989.   Memory may 
fade away since the June Fourth of 1989,  debates are probably still
going on about  whether  it was pro-democratic or  overthrowing  the 
government or both or nothing, but one  thing is  for   sure:    the  
victims  and  their  families never stop struggling to  survive with 
suffering and hardship in the past six and a half years. 

   There  has been a special fund operated under   the IFCSS for six
years,  called  "June Fourth Foundation",  solely  for  humanitarian 
assistances to those victims and their  families,  especially  those 
who lost major financial supporter or became disabled. As usual, the 
IFCSS sent its first two batches of funds through reliable  channels 
to dozens of families in the end of 1995, and would do more...

   The  June  Fourth  Foundation  now  turns  to you, fellow Chinese
students and scholars,  for  your  sympathy, help, support and dona-
tions, which will be directly and solely consumed  for  humanitarian 
aids to those families  while  the IFCSS provides all administrative
expenses additionally. It is like a piece of burning coal  in  snowy 
winter for their spending on a easier  Spring  Festival,  for  their
spending on school tuition fee for kids in coming Spring semester..., 
and for a green piece of blossoming hope  ...

   The Foundation encourages generous donations  from our dear coun-
trymen and women: $10, $20, or $50 ...  your  generosity  is  highly 
appreciated. The donation is tax-deductable.  The   Foundation  will 
send your a receipt of ackowledgment for your aids upon your check's 
arrival at:   733  15th  St.  Suite  440   N.W.  Washington  D.C.,
payable to: June Fourth Foundation.  All  the  information of donors
will be kept confidential upon request.

   A world of thanks to you!

*********************************************************************
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from the list, please send email to [email-masked]  *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub PBS-L last name first name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub PBS-L last name first name         *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************