Subject: HQ NR #7084: National Lobby Days on Immigration Legislation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 19:49:33 -0500

*  *  *    N E W S   R E L E A S E   7084    *  *  *
             _________  February 11, 1996   __________

   [[[[[[  [[[[[[[[[[    [[[[[[       [[[[[[[      [[[[[[[
    [[[     [[[        [[[    [[[   [[[    [[[   [[[    [[[    ______
    [[[     [[[       [[[          [[[          [[[
   [[[     [[[[[[[[  [[[            [[[[[        [[[[[
   [[[     [[[       [[[               [[[[[        [[[[[    ______
  [[[     [[[        [[[                  [[[          [[[  ____
  [[[     [[[         [[[    [[[  [[[[   [[[   [[[[   [[[
[[[[[[  [[[[[[         [[[[[[[     [[[[[[[[     [[[[[[[[

&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^
 Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars in the USA
IFCSS Foundation, Inc. 733 15th Street, NW  Suite 440 Washington,
     D.C. 20005   Tel: (202) 347-0017      Fax: (202) 347-0018
&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=

         National Lobby Days on Immigration Legislation

  The Senator Judiciary Committee  is expected to begin its markup of 
Senator Alan Simpson's combined immigration legislation (S. 269/1394) 
on February 29th. In addition, the immigration bill sponsored by Rep.
Lamar Smith (H.R. 2202)  will  be moving to the House floor for final 
consideration and a vote the week of March 18th.   This bill is sche-
duled for three full days of debates that week.

  A massive national lobbying effort,  National  Lobby Days to Defend 
Immigration,  will be organized by dozens of associations, pro-immig-
ration and ethnic groups in Washington D.C.,  and the IFCSS will join 
the action, to delieve our  message  to  the  nationa's  policemakers 
during this crucial moment. This activity starts from Wednesday, Feb-
ruary 28th through Friday, March 1st.    The IFCSS sets up its agenda 
as following:

   1. The Headquarters will make reservations to visit  Congressional 
offices from now on;

   2. The IFCSS Task Force will forward all materials needed for lob-
bying efforts,  to those  who may consider coming to D.C. to join the 
action;

   3. We call those in our community who, as  legal  and  established 
immigrants, to come to D.C., work together cooperatively  with  other 
people serving as spokesmen/women for the press.     Please send your 
mail to: [email-masked];

   4. The HQ will prepare handouts and materials for  distribution on 
a series of Congressional briefings;

   5. The IFCSS encourages those who  are  very  concerned  with  the 
issue, to participate in a conference call set  to  discuss  National 
Lobby Days and the "goings on" up on Capitol Hill. Please contact the 
HQ for details.
 
   It is the time to act now!

*********************************************************************
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from the list, please send email to [email-masked]  *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub PBS-L last name first name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub PBS-L last name first name         *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************