Subject: HQ NR #7085: Yunnan Earthquake Emergence Aid

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 12:23:41 -0500

*  *  *    N E W S   R E L E A S E   7085    *  *  *
            _________  February 13, 1996   __________

   [[[[[[  [[[[[[[[[[    [[[[[[       [[[[[[[      [[[[[[[
    [[[     [[[        [[[    [[[   [[[    [[[   [[[    [[[    ______
    [[[     [[[       [[[          [[[          [[[
   [[[     [[[[[[[[  [[[            [[[[[        [[[[[
   [[[     [[[       [[[               [[[[[        [[[[[    ______
  [[[     [[[        [[[                  [[[          [[[  ____
  [[[     [[[         [[[    [[[  [[[[   [[[   [[[[   [[[
[[[[[[  [[[[[[         [[[[[[[     [[[[[[[[     [[[[[[[[

&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^
 Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars in the USA
IFCSS Foundation, Inc. 733 15th Street, NW  Suite 440 Washington,
     D.C. 20005   Tel: (202) 347-0017      Fax: (202) 347-0018
&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=

                Yunnan Earthquake Emergence Aid

The disastrous earthquake ruined Lijiang city, Yunnan province,  ten 
days ago, with the Richter scale up to 7.0, followed by thousands of 
aftershocks. The death toll has climed to  255,  as  the  government 
reported.  This mishaps brought tens of thousands of people injured, 
about 4,000 at critical situation, and  millions  of  people  become 
homeless ...

After reviewing the situation of the rescue efforts and  donation in
North America, The IFCSS decides to take the  lead,  and  calls  for 
generous donations from overseas Chinese, including Chinese students 
and scholars in CSS community. The headquarters will  be responsible 
for:

        1. Collect donations;
        2. Send the donations directly to the 
           governmental office in charge, Yunnan Province;
        3. Ask for the offical report of the use of donations; 
        4. Report the results to donors and the public.

Please send your check, payable to the IFCSS with a memo: Quake Aid, 
to:
       733 15th St. N.W. Suite 440  Washington D.C. 20005

*********************************************************************
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from the list, please send email to [email-masked]  *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub PBS-L last name first name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub PBS-L last name first name         *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************