Subject: CSS Today Special Issue (7/12/95)

From: Yuan Wei <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 14:57:16 PDT

############################################################\\   \\#########
                             S P E C I A L                   \\   \\
%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=\\ N \\=%=%=%=
          ____________       ____________       _____________  \\   \\
        /   _____     ))   /    _________))   /    __________)) \\ E \\
       /   //    )____))  {    ((________    {    ((_________    \\   \\
      {   ||     _____     \_________    ))   \__________    ))   \\ W \\
       \   \\____)    ))   __________)   ))   ___________)   ))    \\   \\
        \____________//   (_____________//   (______________//      \\   \\
                                                                     \\   \\
         ]]]]]]]]]  ]]]]]]]  ]]]]]]]]   ]]]]]]]  ]]]   ]]]            \\   \
            ]]]    ]]]   ]]] ]]]   ]]] ]]]   ]]]  ]]   ]]              \\
            ]]]    ]]]   ]]] ]]]   ]]] ]]]]]]]]]   ]] ]]    ==========
            ]]]    ]]]   ]]] ]]]   ]]] ]]]   ]]]    ]]]       SPECIAL
            ]]]     ]]]]]]]  ]]]]]]]]  ]]]   ]]]    ]]]    _1995.07.12_

%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=
CSS Today Editorial Board                             <[email-masked]>
%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=

==============================<<<< Special >>>>==============================
Despite the Sabotage by Lu Wenhe, Special Convention Will Go On As Schedule .
=============================================================================
Pu Dai/CSS Today

      This morning, LU Wenhe raid IFCSS HQ office with some uniformed people,
and ousted all HQ staffs.  LU is answering all HQ phone calls at this time,
according to Mr. LIU Chengyan, the acting president of IFCSS.

       HQ is seeking legal help at this moment.  They call upon all CSS to
protest such brutal behavior.

       Such incident will be discussed in tomorrow's special convention, and
LIU Chengyan expressed confident that truth will conque evil.  He and other
HQ staffs call upon all CSS delegates go to the Special Convention to express
CSS' true voice.

       HQ suggests that all delegates go to the hotel directly andd meet in
the front desk.

==============================<<<< Special >>>>==============================
Emergency Call: Whatever Is Going to Happen to the IFCSS ....................
=============================================================================
XU Yinying/IFCSS HQ

Dear Concerned Members of the IFCSS:

The office of the IFCSS Headquarters has been ruthlessly taken over or
"invaded" by a handful of people who claimed to represent the Council,
and who, for the last few days, have been attempting to block the
special convention scheduled to be held tomorrow in Washington D.C.
The special convention is the only, and perhaps the last chance remaining
now for the grassroots members of the IFCSS to made their voices and
concerns heard and to reclaim the IFCSS as their very own organization
that represents their collective interests.  We at the HQ would like to
reassure those who plan to attend this convention that the meeting will
take place as scheduled at Howard Johnson Hotel (tel: 202-462-7777) and
we hope to see you all there.  At the same time we would like to urge
those who are undecided yet about whether or not to show up to make up
your mind now and drive down to Washington D.C.  The fate of the IFCSS
will be determined at this meeting by you, and you only, members of the
IFCSS.  Never in the six-year history of the IFCSS has the very existence
of the federation been put to such test; never has the federation been in
more urgent need of your support and participation.

The handful of people from the Council can deprive us of our office, our
telephone, our e-mail access, but they cannot cut off our connection with
members of this organization, and it is this connection that is most vital
to the continued existence of this federation.

What they have done cannot but remind us of the reign of terror during the
brutal crackdown of the 1989 student pro-democracy movement.  What an irony
for those of us who are here to preserve the sacred fire of democracy !  The
handful of people from the Council took such a desperate measure in a last
attempt to nullify our preparation for the imminent special convention, which
they fear would revoke many of their past resolutions. We call upon you to
denounce such blatant disregard for the wish of our members who took the
the initiative to call the special convention.

Let the will of the CSS reign !

##=========================<<<<<< Appendix >>>>>>==============================
IFCSS Special Convention Information ..................................... 99
=============================================================================

Meeting Time: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., July 13th, 1995
Lodge Site: Howard Johnson Hotel
            1430 Rhode Island Ave., N.W.
            Front Desk (202) 462-7777

To spare the hassle of tricky "one-ways" and street "circles" in
Washington D.C., one simplified route tip is provided below for
those coming from all directions: North, South,and West.

Take I-95 South (from North) or I-95 North (from South) or I-270
(from West) and get on to Wasington Beltway I-495. Turn to
Colesville Road at Exit 30 then to Route 29 (Georgia Ave.). Keep
driving on Georgia Ave until hitting Rhode Island Ave. Turn right
at Rhode Island Ave. After passing Logan Circle you only need to
drive one and half block on Rhode Island Ave. to get to the Howard
Johnson Hotel, which is on your left hand side.
If you have any questions, please call the front desk of Howard
Johnson at 202-462-7777.

############################################################################
| Editor of This Issue: ER Huan            Deputy Coordinator: DING Yungui |
|                      Technical Editor: LIANG Guihe                       |
| - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -|
| CSS Today is a publication of  the CSS Today Editorial Board devoted to  |
| the CSS community for your right to know.   What CSS Today carries does  |
| not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editors.                      |
| ________________________________________________________________________ |
|                                                                          |
|  For back issues of CSS Today, please use one of following:              |
|  (1) ftp to <cnd.org>  and search in folder:  /pub/e-pubs/CSS-Today      |
|  (2) gopher to <cnd.org>:                                                |
|             English-Menu -> Other Electronic Publications  -> CSS-TODAY  |
|     (For WWW:  gopher://cnd.cnd.org:70/11/English-Menu/e-pubs/CSS-TODAY) |
|  (3) ftp to <ftp.ifcss.org>  and search in folder: /pub/org/csst/        |
|     (For www tools, use  ftp://ftp.ifcss.org/pub/org/csst/ )             |
|  (4) http://www.ifcss.org:8001/www/ep.html                               |
|                                                                          |
|  CSS Today welcomes contributions, comments, questions, criticisms and   |
|  anything concerning a healthy establishment of the CSS community. For   |
|  question, please inquire to:                                            |
|                                                                          |
| - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -|
|                         <[email-masked]>                           |
############################################################################