Subject: ATTN: YOU MUST READ THIS

From: "Gray Zhu, 800-289-2498, 212-279-6700" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 94 22:03:29 CDT

==================    IC940618: Investment Club  ======================

It is so damn hot in some area, isn't it?  but ...

                YOU MUST READ - if you don't, you are lost :-)
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

0. New home and management for ICnet ................... Management      
=======================================================================
                     (by Guang Hong and Gray Zhu)
 
ICnet now has been converted into a list server list, thanks to 
[email-masked], especially Yun Fei and Jiang Yuan. Also thanks to
Mr. Guang Hong who volunteered to help manage this list:

	a) management is now 
		Guang Hong (primarily maintainence, [email-masked])
		Gray Zhu (primarily moderating, [email-masked])
                           
	b) Subscription/Sign off etc. :
           send message to: 
                           [email-masked] 
           and in the first line of the e-mail (not subject):
                           SUB ICNET-L FIRSTNAME LASTNAME
                       or:
                           SIGNOFF ICNET-L  
                       or: 
                           HELP

	=> all currently members have been subscribed automatically.
           i.e. you do not need to subscribe by yourself. you received
           this message is the confirmation of your subscription.

        c) Everything else such as post/questions/contributions etc., 
           except subscription/signoff (above) should go to:
                           [email-masked]
           **************************************************************** 
           currently, the messages are unmoderated - we don't know how yet.
           so, if you send anything to [email-masked], everyone gets it.
                    please do not send anything like "test".
           ****************************************************************
        => this list will be moderated (screened) by management as have 
           been doing in the past. most questions will be forwarded as is, 
           for answers.

        d) IC-VIP group remains to be Gray Zhu's private communication.
           for VIP affairs send messages to the old address:
                           [email-masked]
           
        e) ftp past messages: before you ask a question, make sure it was
 	   not covered previously, read the previous messages may be 
           beneficial to you. here is how:

           ftp ifcss.org
               username: anonymous
               password: your-email-address
               ftp> cd /org/icnet      (lower case please)     
               ftp> ls                 (see what files are there)
               ftp> get filename
               ftp> get another_file
               ftp> get one_more
               ftp> binary
               ftp> get up-to-940528.zip 
               ftp> quit
               (there are commands like "help", "?", you can try)

           files are named by "YYMMDD" (year, month, date).  You can get
           everything (which you should get) up to 940528 by getting one file
           up-to-940528.zip (type "binary" before "get"), then "unzip" 
           (maybe "pkunzip", "gunzip") on your local computer.

           VIP material is not available for ftp.

        f) Because we are new to listserv list management, there may be
           mistakes or confusions, causing inconvenience to you. Your
           understanding and support is appreciated.          
 
=========================================================================
By now, you should know where you should send your next message
to, and how to SIGNOFF, if you don't, you'd better re-read.