Subject: US House trying to undo speed limit repeal!

From: NMA <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Sep 1995 22:33:09 GMT

They're still trying to undo the speed limit repeal!!

The House Appropriations Committee will consider a bill on Thursday (9/7) 
that would delay implementation of the National Highway System Act until 
1997 and delete any speed limit repeal provision.  The Senate approved a 
similar manner minutes before leaving for vacation in August, hoping 
people wouldn't notice.  _WE_ caught that one; even Senators didn't 
believe us until we showed them the Congressional Record.

The big money, pro-55 Senators and Representatives are behind this, no 
doubt with a little help from the insurance PACs.

We need people in the following states to fax or call these 
Representatives and let them know you want the National Highway System 
Act to include a speed limit repeal as approved by the House Committee on 
Transportation and Infrastructure. Of course, calling your Rep and 
letting him/her know how you feel about this is okay too, even if they're 
not on the Appropriations Committee.

DO NOT WAIT! Do it today; the following remain non-committed:

Representatives:

(area code 202)

Ralph Regula, Ohio  225-3876  fax 225-3059
Harold Rogers, Kentucky  225-4601  fax 225-0940
Bob Livingston, California  225-3015  fax 225-0739
Martin Sabo, Minnesota  225-4755  fax 225-4886
Richard Durbin, Illinois  225-5271  fax 225-0170
Ron Coleman, Texas  225-4831  fax 225-4825

We don't know where these six stand.  If you hear anything from them, 
please let us know. e-mail this account, fax (608-849-8697), or phone 
(608-849-6000)

-- 
National Motorists Association      Join the NMA!
[email-masked]                  $29 a year.
http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/nma/