Subject: Speed limit repeal being bogged down.

From: NMA <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Sep 1995 22:33:18 GMT

The speed limit repeal, as part of the National Highway System act 
approved by both the US House and Senate, is having a tough time working 
it's way through the conference committee that's trying to hammer out 
differences in the two bills.  The Senate's repeals the speed limit for 
cars but not trucks, the House's just plain repeals it.  

Three Senators on the conference commitee (Moynihan, Chafee and Reid) are 
fighting HARD to keep it in the final version of hte bill.  They're 
meeting right now (5:30 pm CT, Tuesday) and will probably not reach an 
agreement tonight, so calling early Wednesday is also okay.  They should 
have a final bill by Thursday.

Call their offices and let them know that's not acceptable.  All are a/c 
202:

Moynihan: 224-4451,  Reid  224-3542, and Chafee: 224-2921.

It doesn't matter which state you're from.

-- 
National Motorists Association      	Join the NMA!
[email-masked]                  	$29 a year.
http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/nma/    	Sign up online.

---

From: NMA <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Sep 1995 18:36:10 GMT

The speed limit repeal is still having a tough time in the House-Senate 
conference committee.  One new twist from Sen. Trent Lott (Mississippi) 
is to TOTALLY REMOVE THE REPEAL and other 'safety' items from the NHS 
Act and have the rest of the NHS act roll on for a final vote.  

This is totally unacceptable!

There are other Senators, namely Reid, Moynihan, Chafee and Warner who 
want to see the repeal dumped as well.  

Call their offices as soon as you're offline!  Let them know this is not 
okay.  We're running out of time.

(All are area code 202)
Reid:224-3542, Moynihan 224-4451, Chafee 224-2921, Warner 224-2023, and 
Lott 224-6253.

You do not have to be from their state to call.  That doesn't matter at 
the conference committee stage.

Everyone that sees this should stop by our web site (see signature block) 
for more detailed info.