Subject: The Alternative to DRL's !?!?!?!?!

From: [email-masked] (MICHAEL TAJON)
Date: 26 Sep 1995 22:18:55 -0700

Part II of 	The TRUTH about DRL's

Foul Weather
	Couldn't we wire the headlights to turn on lowbeams when wipers 
	are being used?

Long, Empty Roads
	Can't we put up signs on less travelled roads saying "Daytime
 	Running Lights (DRL's) Recommended" beneath the speed limit 
	signs?

Motorcycles (check sig)
	Because motorcycles are physically small to begin with, DRL's
	are expecially important for us.  Bikes need to be noticed
	because they are usually travelling faster, and riders are more
	vulnerable.  Please, no 'get a car...' responses.  Most of us
	already have one. 

Everyone here who drives can turn on their lights when it gets dark.  Is it 
so much to ask for these same people to turn on their DRL's manually, 
when the situation warrants it?  

-Mike
'93 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
'95 CBR900RR Fireblade

---

From: [email-masked] (Samir Bhakta)
Date: 3 Oct 1995 16:31:18 GMT

I think the DRL's on the new Saturns (center lights are on, not
the entire headlight) are a reasonable compromise - the car is
noticeable for *everyone* and the headlights are *not* lit.

--
***************************************************************
Samir Bhakta                           Lockheed Martin Services
[email-masked]               Mt. Laurel, NJ

"I never let my schooling interfere with my education."

                      -- Mark Twain --       
***************************************************************