Subject: Re: Beware photo-radar: web site on how it works

From: [email-masked] (barmstrong)
Date: 27 Apr 1995 14:26:20 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Biff Johnson) says:

>Gone are the days when a cop had to pull you over to give you a speeding
>ticket!  Ontario has introduced photo-radar, and a new regime of motorist 
>oppression has taken hold of society.  These little bastards photograph every 
>pasing car which registers on the radar-gun, and tickets are sent out later in 
>the mail.
>
>Although it is not yet implemented in the US or the other provinces, 

I wish photocop hadn't been implemented in the US.  We have a number
of cities, including where I live, that use photoradar.

you 
>should check out a new Web Page to acquaint yourself with the technology and 
>see how well these things work.  And then... prepare your defence against it 
>when your state tries to introduce it!
>
>The URL is:
>
>http://www.paranoia.com/~bjohnson/ticket.htm

Brad

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
     n peart