Subject: Avoiding speeding tickets, a new way.

From: [email-masked]
Date: 3 Jun 1995 05:40:29 GMT

Carry, in plain view, a bunch of taped-up clear plastic packages of flour
or powdered sugar.  When the cops stops you for speeding, they'll get distraced
by the bags, and try to bust you for drugs instead.  By the time they figure out
you're just carrying baking products, they will have forgotten completely about 
the speeding violation.  

The negative is that you might have to lie on the ground for a while wearing 
handcuffs, but you'll can compensate by suing them for false arrest 

:-)

---

From: [email-masked] (John Carr)
Date: 3 Jun 1995 13:11:52 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
 <[email-masked]@atlanta.com> wrote:

>or powdered sugar.

I thought of a similar idea for our friends in Virginia: have somebody
make up a lot of plastic or wood blocks that look like radar detectors.
Give them to as many drivers as possible, to be conspicuously displayed.
If most of the detectors they see are fake, maybe the police will have
a harder time enforcing the ban.

-- 
    John Carr ([email-masked])

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard Hoffbeck)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 10:45:05 GMT-6

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] writes:
>From: [email-masked]
>Subject: Avoiding speeding tickets, a new way.
>Date: 3 Jun 1995 05:40:29 GMT

>you're just carrying baking products, they will have forgotten completely about 

Of course you may have spent a couple of days in jail while they wait for the 
lab results, and of course the attorney's fees for your bail hearing.  But 
you're right, you'll probably beat the speeding ticket :-(

--rick

---

From: Indian Outlaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 13:26:05 -0500

> you're right, you'll probably beat the speeding ticket :-(

Yeah, I always wanted to stash something like that in a high school 
locker.  :)

---

From: [email-masked] (Jim)
Date: 5 Jun 1995 16:41:14 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>,
Indian Outlaw  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> >or powdered sugar.  When the cops stops you for speedin...

I don't know if this story is urban legend or not, but it made its way around
homebrewing circles a while ago:

Guy goes to homebrew shop.  Buys some bags of corn sugar.  Corn sugar comes
in plastic bags and is white, so it looks just like a certain illegal drug.
He left them on the seat of his car when he went into another store.  When
he came out, there were cops all over the place and he was detained while
they inspected his vehicle's contents.  8^)
-- 
[email-masked] |   NMA #116538, MARRC #1594   |  armed & friendly
ClarksBURG, MD        | http://www.basetech.com/jimb | '93 gsx600f katana
----------------------+------------------------------+-------------------
       Correct me if I'm right.  After all, this IS the internet.

---

From: [email-masked] (Samuel P. Johnson)
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 1995 15:22:03 -0600

In article <[email-masked]>, Indian

> Yeah, I always wanted to stash something like that in a high school 

Yeah, back in high school my bosses thought it was *REALLY* funny when I
put AJAX in a plastic bag on a seat in the theater where the movie "Up In
Smoke" was playing. 

Yes, they called the police.

No, close, but not fired.

Sam

Samuel P. Johnson
[email-masked]
St. Cloud State University
St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA
Not Insane

---

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Augustus Kimberly)
Date: 5 Jun 1995 17:23:40 -0400

dIn article <[email-masked]>,
dRichard Hoffbeck <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>Date: 3 Jun 1995 05:40:29 GMT
d>
>>you're just carrying baking products, they will have forgotten completely about 
d>
d>Of course you may have spent a couple of days in jail while they wait for
dthe 
d>lab results, and of course the attorney's fees for your bail hearing.  But 
d>you're right, you'll probably beat the speeding ticket :-(
d>
d>--rick
d>
d>

Why do you need an attorney if you are obviously innocent?
-tak
-- 
  "Where have you been? It's not a car; it's a $70,000 penis!"-Ira
   "It's better to die cool than to live uncool."-TheMarlboroMan
    ||'72 TR6|'67 Honda 50|| >For Sale=>>'63 Renault Caravelle|| 
                  Humor me and tell me lies.