Subject: Re: How to correctly drive a standard transmission?

From: [email-masked] (Max Kaar)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 1995 02:28:10

>how the technically correct procedure to driving a stick is.  You
>aresupposed to completly let of the gas when shifiting unyil the clutch is
>back out, right?  But when I do this the car jerks unless I let the clutch
>out slowly and consequently have very slow shifts.  I would greatly

Well.. it depends on whether you are driving fast or slowly. For driving 
slowly, or normally as some would say, you let go of the gas and press down 
the clutch almost at the same moment. If you press down the clutch a little 
too early (or let go of the gas too late), you will some day wear out your 
clutch.
On the other hand. When driving fast you can use a little more brutal 
approach. ie. when shifting let go of the gas and floor the clutch 
simultaneously, then change gears, and finally floor the gas and let go of the 
clutch.

                    --------------------------
                    **       Max Kaar       **
                    **   ([email-masked])  **
                    --------------------------