Subject: Politeness wins the day:)

From: [email-masked] (Tigress)
Date: 21 Jun 1995 01:21:11 -0400

You know, after reading about everybody's response about using the left
turn signal to tell some one to move over from the left lane, I tried it.
Once accidentally, I went to pass some one on the left lane and decided
not to, he took my left signal as move over and he did. Then, after I
passed him, he moved back (proving he wasn't doing it coincidentally).
Then a few times I have tried it after running into people barely passing
people in the left lane, and it worked!!! People seem to get the point
much faster when you do this than when you tailgate them (which I used to
do when I couldn't do anything else and was extremely annoyed). Whoa,
politeness wins the day, and gets you there faster!! Cool. Actually, I
also noticed that traffic seems to move faster when people are letting people
from other lanes go in front of them instead of being mean and trying as
hard not to let them in. Ironic isn't it?

Tigress (who thinks people should be nicer to each other when they are
driving, makes traffic so much more bareble)
-- 
      |\      _,,,---,,_		Tigress
ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_ 		[email-masked]
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'		
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)                cat drawn by: Felix Lee

---

From: tony@sebastian (Antonio S. Esporma )
Date: 21 Jun 1995 22:36:34 GMT

>turn signal to tell some one to move over from the left lane, I tried it.

<snip>

> Whoa,

I agree that the left turn signal (LTS) works.  In my experience, it works best
with drivers of European cars which are more likely to know, either by
reading or driving, about european customs.

On the other hand, my LTS experience with non european cars is dismal.  Suffice
to say that I just flash the high beams in the day time, and dim my lights at
night time then.

tony