Subject: You won't believe what happened...

From: dw9036@eehpx9 (David J Williamson)
Date: 9 Jul 1995 06:27:49 GMT

Hi all,

Last Friday I picked up my 95 Mustang GT (Blue w/grey leather interior)
from the dealer, as it finally came in.  My girlfriend and I had been
cruising around for about twenty minutes when a car stopped short in front
of us.  It wasn't really that close, but I did have to hit the brakes a little
hard.  Anyway, the lady behind me either had poor brakes or just wasn't paying
attention 'cause she rear ended me!  Yes, I have owned this car for less than
TWENTY MINUTES and somebody hits me!!  Un-F**KING-believable!!  I stepped out
of my car and walked around to the back.  My heart sank.  The front end of
the Saturn that hit me was smashed all to hell.  The hood was crushed in
half, and all the front end was smashed.  I turned slowly to look at my car
and...NOT A SCRATCH!  What?  Come again?  That's right, the only indication 
that I was hit was a little dirt on the bumper.  I couldn't believe it! 

We pulled into an adjacent parking lot, and I looked it over a little closer.
Underneath the bumper, there was a couple of small paint marks where her 
car had slid under mine.  Also, I think the left exhaust pipe is now pointing
slightly downward, but not much.  After I finished the aftermath at the      
accident scene, I took the car back to the dealer to check it out.  They
were about to close, so they didn't have much time, but they took a quick
look at it, and thought everything looked fine.  That Saturn has AT LEAST
$500 worth of damage, and probably a lot more.  I don't see how my car
escaped getting damaged.  I'm taking it back to the dealer on Wednesday for
a more through check up, but it seems to be fine.  These things must be
sturdy!  (Or Saturns must be awful cheap!)  Does anyone have any idea what
damage may have been caused that wouldn't be immediately visible?  I'm so
paranoid since I've only owned the car for two days.  By the way, it's a
GREAT CAR!  I recommended it to all.

-dave

-- 
*************************************************************
David Williamson    Dept. of Electrical and Comp. Engineering
[email-masked]      University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
*************************************************************