You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jun 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00148 Jun 2007

Jun 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

This week's Podcast is about "Arulmigu  Periya Anjaneyar
Thirukovil,Ambur."

The story has been glorified in a temple in Ambur in Vellore
district which dates back to centuries.   The 11-foot idol of
Hanuman carved out of hard black stone has Saneeswara under his foot.
The idol and the temple are believed to have been renovated probably
in 1489, during the period of Krishanadevaraya of Vijayanagar
kingdom who then ruled this region.   An inscription found in one
corner of the temple testifies to this fact.  In 1976, the temple
was taken over by the HR & CE department of the State Government. In
1987, Maha Kumbabishekam was performed.
Interestingly, the main deity Hanuman is place in one corner of the
sanctum sanctorum facing south.   This is considered a rarity in
India.  It is believed that, because devotees lit oil lamps at this
temple, it got rid of the harmful effects of Saneeswara, in one
stroke.   The temple has been drawing thousands of devotees
steadily.

In the eastern corner of Ambur town, in a place called Anaimadugu, a
rocky foot print, believed to be that of Hanuman, receives special
poojas once a year during the Hanuman Jayanthi celebrations.   It is
said that Hanuman holding the Parvatha hills in one hand and
standing on Saneeswara made a big leap from here to cross the Indian
Ocean to reach Sri Lanka where he gave the herb to revive Lakshmana.

I would like you to hear this episode and give your valuable
comments, also request you to send me your friends, colleagues or
family member's email who will be interested in hearing this podcast
so that I can also send email to them simultaneously regarding my
episodes every week.

You can either go to this link and click on each episode and hear it
or you have mp3 to download as well

http://www.podbazaar.com/view/126100789566374033

Alternate : I have attached this weeks episode as mp3 to hear

This weeks episode on Arulmigu  Periya Anjaneyar Thirukovil

http://podbazaar.castmetrix.net/download/144115188075856844/1/TamilPo
dcast13VaaramOruAlayamArulmiguPeriyaAnjaneyarThirukovilAmbur.mp3

Regards

Nataraj Prakash

Those who missed last week's episodes on

Episode #12 :Appan Venkatesa perumal Thirukovil

http://podbazaar.castmetrix.net/download/144115188075856842/1/TamilPo
dcast12VaaramOruAlayamVenkatesaPerumalThirukovilThiruMukkoodal.mp3

Episode #11 : Sri Subramania swamy temple ,Ettukudi

http://podbazaar.castmetrix.net/download/144115188075856841/1/TamilPo
dcast11VaaramOruAlayamSriSubramaniaswamytempleEttukudi.mp3

Episode #10 : Sri Sarvamangala Sametha  PalliKondeswarar Alayam,
Surutapalli

http://podbazaar.castmetrix.net/download/144115188075856830/1/TamilPo
dcast10VaaramOruAlayamSriSarvamangalaSamethaPalliKondeswararAlayamSur
utapalli.mp3

For More episodes: http://VaaramoruAlayam.blogspot.com

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: