You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jun 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00163 Jun 2007

Jun 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Respected Sadagopan mama,
      We are a long time member of Oppiliappan groups. My kids are learning Annamayya krithis in Detroit. I am interested in purchasing this CD. Whom do we contact for purchasing?
Please advise,
With respects
Sujatha sridaran
Detroit, MI

"Dr. Sadagopan" <yennappan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
SrI:

Dear BhakthAs and Sangeetha RasikAs :

This week  we will be releasing number of
CDs and audio tapes from Sankeerthanams of
Saint Annamayya , Saint Thyagaraja under the general
title of NaadhOpAsana Musical Archives :

http://www.sadagopan.org/nadhopasana.htm

The MP3 Version houses Saint Thyagaraja SwamigaL's
Krithis sung by prominent VidhvAns and commentaries
in Tamil or English for each of the 39 Krithis of
one of the greatest Raama BhakthAs.  I will give more
details in a separate mail on this CD about the krithis by
Thyaaga Brahmam .

Future Releases :
********************
We are planning  Future releases of sung versions of
Sri Mutthuswamy Dikshithar's RaamAshtaka Krithis ,
Purandara Daasar's Krithis on Lord Venkatesa
and BhadrAchala Raama Das sankeethanams ,
NaarAyaNa TheerthAs' KrishNa LeelA TarangiNi
with appropriate English commentaries for
each  song of these NaadhOpAsakAs.

Today's Release
********************
Today's release is about Saint Annamayyaa
Sankeerthanams on Ahobila Narasimhan ,
His dhivya Desam and His favorite Yathi ,
whom he initated into SanyAsAsramam
directly .

Here are some details on the first release
that is ready for distribution ( You can order
your copies of the CD ROM by sending a note
to me ) :

1. With the most appreciated help of a young
scholar on AnnamAchArya Sankeerthanams
( Dr.Advitheeya Dixit) , we have recorded
8 krithis in a Professional Studio at Bangalore .

Dr. Dixit comments in English on these rare
krithis sung for the first time by a Ninteen Year
old Musician (Sriman Amrut) in a most enoyable
manner .He is accompanied by very competent
Pakkaa Vaadhyam artists ( Violin , Mrudhangam
and Ghatam) .

2. The play time of this disc is 72 Minutes .
This includes  18 Tracks containing 9 krithis
of Annamayyaa and their corresponding
commentaries .

3. The CD starts with the first Paasuram of
Thirumangai AzhwAr on Ahobila Dhivya dEsam
( Nallai NenjE) in the MangaLa Raagam of
Surutti .

Rest of the CD cover the following Krithis:

3.1: AnisamutalacharO AhOBalam ,anantha
       Phaladham AhObalam : ShaNmukha Priyaa.
      Here Annamayya eulogizes Ahobila KshEthram
      and identifies with it as the true abode of Hari .

3.2: Soodudinthariki sulabhudu Hari: Bhairavi
       Raagam , Aathi TaaLam .Here Annamayya
       eulogizes his Acharyan , the Founding Jeeyar of
       Ahobila Matam , who was initiated into Sanyaasa
      Aasramam by the Lord of AhObilam Himself .

3.3: Krithi on Mahaa Lakshmi as the One responsible
       for the prosperity of Ahobilam and Thirumala.
      This sankeerthanam< " GarudhAdhri VedAdhri
      is sung in Reethi GouLai Raagam and is set in
      Roopaka TaaLam .

3.4: Krithi on Nava Narasimhaas :Nava Naarasimha NamO NamO .
      This majestic krithi is set in Naattai , Aathi TaaLam .

3.5: AhObalEswarudu : ThOdi Raagam. This is the center
       piece of the CD with AalApanam , svara PrasthAram and
       niraval.

3.6: NagumOkumu nakaroopa GarudhAdhri :
       AtaaNaa Raagam , KaNDa Chaapu TaaLam .

3.7: NamAmyaham Maanava Simham in KedAra GouLai
       Raagam . This Krithi is by Peddha ThirumalAcchAr ,
       the scholar/composer son of AnnamAchArya .While
       Annamayya was the disciple of the First Jeeyar of
      Ahobila Matam , Peddha ThirumalAcchAr was the sishyaa
      of the second , Third and the Fourth Jeeyars of
      SrI Matam .

3.8 : Concluding commentary is in the words of TaaLapAkkam
        ThiruvEnkata NaathA , the grandson of Annamayya and
        deals with the sambhandham between the Lord of
         Ahobilam , Bhagavath RaamAnuja , Swamy Desikan ,
         Adhi VaNN SaThakOpa Jeeyar and his direct sishyaa ,
         TaaLapaakam AnnamAchArya .

I will brief you next  on the CD relating to Thyaga Brahmam's
NaadhOpaasana .

V.Sadagopan

Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links. __._,_.___

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
oppiliappan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list