You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - May 2001

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00022 May 2001

May 2001 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anubadravam anudhinam samvardhaya/
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anubadravam anudhinam samvardhaya//
KAvEri VardhathAm kAlE, kAlE varshathu vAsava:/
SrI RanganAthO jayathu SrI Ranga SrIs cha VardhathAm//
Dear Bhagavatas:
You may be wondering why after the 27th issue of Volume 1, there had
been no further releases of regular issues.

As already announced, I left for India on 20th March 2001 to attend
the Sathabishekam celebrations of H.H. Srimad Andavan of
Poundarikapuram Swami Ashramam. Throughout the whole period from 23rd
to the grand finale on 30th March 2001, I had the Darsana Bhaghyam by
staying close to not only Asmad AchAryan but also the Yathivaras and
the numerous Bhagavatas who graced the occasion. The purport of the
full speeches by the H.H. and other Yathivaras and Acharyas will be
featured in a separate series to complement the brilliant summaries
provided Sri Madhava Kannan, Sri Murali Rangaswami, Sri Balaji and
others.

Immediately on return to U.S.A on 7th April, I had to proceed to
Indianapolis where I did not have Internet facility. A week after, I
came to Cleveland to attend the Thyagaraja Aradhana and am presently
staying here.

The Internet facility here also is very much restricted. I could do
no more than browse the messages and approve of those that were not
repugnant to the stated objectives of the journal. This incidentally
revealed the extent of reader participation besides assuring the
readers that "Sri Ranga Sri" was only dormant and not closed!

Hope to back at the Headquarters at Atlanta by middle of June 2001
after attending the Samprokshanam of Sri Ranganatha Temple at Pomona,
New York this month end. A report on the Samprokshanam proceedings
will also be featured on resumption.

Regular releases will be resumed, striving also to make up
for the hiatus. I beseech the Bhagavatas to bear with me for the
interruption.

Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy
Editor & Publisher