Re: Photocopying

scan or copy images, we absolutely prohibit such practices!  I have seen
too many instances over the years of the general public handling our
photographs incorrectly or inappropriately, even despite repeated
requests to them not to wave the prints about or take them out of their
folders.  My favorite example is the time I had to break up an argument
between a mother and a daughter.  The mother told the daughter "Give me
that!" and grabbed the photo (fortunately sleeved) out of her hand.

I imagine that the general public would inadvertently mistreat photos
even more in the process of scanning them.  We prohibit photography of
our holdings except for bound newspaper volumes, which are too bulky to
take to the photographer.  Even there, restrictions apply.