Another Old Photocopy question

Hello,

I have a question about some reproductions of letters that I found in one
of our collections.  The letters are listed in the finding aid as
photocopies, but I am assuming the process is very early.  The copies
are negative images and on a paper that has "3M Microfilm products" and
"CAUTION: this paper is Electroconducive, avoid contact with live circuits".

I was a little concerned when I noticed that in places, the top layer of
paper seems to have flaked away and metallic fragments are visible.  The
images are also quite faded in places.

I don't anticipate any live circuits in our compact shelving. My concern
is with the stability of the paper: does it pose any threat to other
items housed within the same box, with only archival folders separating
these letters from other collections.  Also, will they eventually
fade to nothingness?  Should I recopy the letters and discard the older
copies? If the weird paper poses no threat, these are not like any of our
other elderly copies and are an interesting curiousity.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Deborah Rouse

Deborah Harper Rouse