Re: Another Old Photocopy question

Deborah:

Many, if not most, of the early processes were inherently unstable. The
deterioration byproducts can  "infect" neighboring materials. I suggest you
make good photocopies and keep these in your files.

The originals are, as you say, interesting curiosities, and I'd keep them
for as long as they last
but segregate them in different boxes from the rest of your collection.
MicroChamber Paper from Conservation Resources, placed with the originals,
will absorb some of the deterioration byproducts and extend the life of the
originals.

___________________________________
Michael McColgin
Conservation Officer