Re: manuscript collecting

One of the most interesting manuscript collecting items I have personal
knowledge about is the Dr. J. S. H.  Fogg collection at the Maine (state)
Historical Society in Portland, Maine.  It is a rather large collection that
was collected in the 19th Century and includes the signers of the Declaration
of Independence and Copy #25 of the D Of I broadside. The point of contact
there would be Nicholas Noyes, Head of Library Services. The collection also
contains Crowned Heads of Europe, Rev. War. General, Colonial Clergy. This is
a somewhat well known collection and in the years that I was at the Society
1984-94, we did a great deal of research on Fogg and his collecting. He lived
and died in Boston. There are a couple of people now living that have his
collecting catalogues, and pencil notation as to price and his purchases. I
would be glad to provide that to you if interested.