Re: quality assessment of LDS microfilms

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Kurilecz, Peter wrote:

> Which leads to the following -- what it is the primary purpose of the the
> LDS program;Is it to preserve the historical record for all people or to
> preserve information that will aid LDS members in their religious
> activities?

The second.

If Jac Treanor could be dragged out of hiding--I remember he did a
presentation on having LDS do microfilming for Archdiocesan Archives.  I
recall much discussion on making specifications re: targets, quality
control, materials, copies, etc.

I believe Jac could answer a lot of the questions you've raised.

Carole Nowicke, Ph.D., M.L.S., C.P.P.
Assistant Librarian
Indiana Prevention Resource Center  <http://www.drugs.indiana.edu>
cnowicke@indiana.edu  <http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~cnowicke>
Historian, Tubists Universal Brotherhood Association
List Owner Dressage-L <Dressage-L@Listserv.Indiana.edu>