Re: NARA email guidance

        Please send me a copy of your current instructions to staff
concerning email.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc WOLFE [mailto:marc.wolfe@ARCH2.NARA.GOV]
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2000 2:02 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Fwd: NARA email guidance

Posted on behalf of Nancy Allard, NARA
Policy and Planning Staff, who is not subscribed
to this list.  Contact information in the body
of the message.

==================================
NARA issued records management instructions on handling email records to our
staff as early as October 4, 1994, with NARA Interim Guidance 95-002.   That
guidance has been revised as our email system has changed.  Please contact
me if you wish to receive a copy of the original guidance or our current
instructions to staff on this subject.

You may also wish to look at NARA's statement on the loss of certain
internal NARA email messages at
http://www.nara.gov/nara/pressrelease/nr00-22.html

Nancy Allard
Policy and Planning Staff