Access policy for rare Art Books

Hello to everyone,
I am once again seeking the wisdom of the list on a new venture.
Our library has a collection of rare and early printed Art Books, art
prints, works on paper, and paintings. We are resurrecting the original Art
Room in our Main Library as it existed back in the 1870s under first
librarian Robert Ingraham.
My question is --
Do any of you manage this type of collection, and can you share with us some
ideas for an access policy?

Obiviously none of the materials will circulate, be copied or scanned by
researchers.
I am using the standard access policy for our Archives Room as a starting
point.

Anything specific to this type of material that we should be aware of?
Thanks in advance.

Tina V. Furtado, archivist
Archives Room - New Bedford Free Public Library
613 Pleasant Street
New Bedford, MA  Tel : (508) 961-3104  Fax: (508) 991-6368
e-mail : tfurtado@sailsinc.org