Re: Planning new archives

Aloha!

Although there have been recent threads on starting a new archives, my
questions has a slightly different tack.  I've been asked to provide
recommendations for a high school archives.  This is a private school
which is finally starting a second campus on a different island.  The
campus itself is approx. 100 acres and I have yet to be provided with the
dimensions.  In the past, when asked to start an archives, the physical
space was already determined (closet, file cabinet, etc.) and I came up
with the best housing, policies, etc. for it.  Now given the task of
coming up with the physical aspects for the planners/architects, I'm
dumbfounded (okay not an unusual state for me).

Any suggestions out there for planning such a space from scratch?

Mahalo,
Helen Wong Smith, MLIS